British Columbia Aquariums banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to a major water crash, I had to redo my monster tank from scratch. Now the water is crystal clear with all the clown loaches cruising.
I have the following filtrations :
2 - XP-4
3 - large HOB filters
1- large submeageable filter

Inhabitants : 8 clown loaches, 4 flagtails, 1 silver aro, 4 bushynose plecos, 2
blackghost knife, 4 red hooks silver dolars(coming)

Thanks for viewing !!!!!

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Good job Peter, glad to see you continuing down the monster path. I think a nice background would clean up the look nicely. :)

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for everybody's encouraging comments !!!!

Juice - will definitely let you know when I unload my loaches one day.

M-class2g - I agree more jumbos will look nice.

2wheelsx2 - I have 4 fei feng and possibly adding 2 more.

Hondas3000 - My loaches are fat + very happy. They love flakes + pellets.

Tony1928 - Good idea to have a backdrop. Any suggestion ?????

I thought my clown loaches were very happy in my previous 120 gal (4' x2' x2'
When I put them in this 6 footer 210G tank, they have been actively schooling and swimming in all sections of the tank. They really enjoy large swimming areas. I was planning them as bottom dwellers and now they don't want to stay at the bottom.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks again for all your positive comments !!!!

Juice - When I filled up my tank initially, I used 50 % used water + 50% tap water + conditioner + salt. I also used old filter media for most of my filters. However, I guessed at the time I filled the tank with city tap water, the chlorine was abnormally strong that when it mixed with my used water, it removed all the good germs + bacteria. As well, the gases from the tap water was tremendous. My dosage of conditioner was already 3x my regular dosage. I got burnt a few times already from city tap water.

Big fry - The underwater filter is not a DIY pre-filter. It is a submergeable filter with foam inside a clear plastic cylinder. It generates lot of air movements + strong filtration, but creates a little noise.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Tony1928 - Good idea to have a backdrop. Any suggestion ?????
Well, now that your tank is already set up, it might be hard to do paint or something like that. You could just put in a piece of black foamcore or corrugated plastic sign material. Just attach it to your tank with some double sided tape or something like that. It's nice not to have to look at all the hoses and power cords.

Cheers,
Tony

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
New additions of 4 red hook silver dollars, 2 more flagtails + a 7" ripsaw cat

·
Registered
742 Posts
i thought you can't keep a bunch of flagtails together or else they beat each other up? Do you see any aggression between them?? A school of flagtails looks really nice!!

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
i thought you can't keep a bunch of flagtails together or else they beat each other up? Do you see any aggression between them?? A school of flagtails looks really nice!!
In the wild they school together. In aquaria people usually keep less than 4 that's why they beat each other up.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts