British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have this pair for a while and i had them in a 17g tank they used to eat the eggs or the wigglers or the fry so i decided to change to a 25g tall tank and see how do they do but i did take there last batch of eggs before moving them, here is a pic of the tank and some of the fry

This is when i just moved them to the 25g

This is the fry

I was adding stuff in the tank and this is how it looks like now and the pair just laid eggs today too :)

Thanks for looking :)

·
Registered
773 Posts
Woe Caudia it looks awesome. Congrates on the new baby eggs lol. Your fry are so small and cute.

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ty, i know they sure are growing. I hope the parents do a better job now that they have a bigger place :)

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Looking great Claudia. I used to breed angels, and my favourite stage in the fry development was when the dorsal and anal fins started to grow. They look so absolutely adorable then.

Good luck with yours. They're so cute!

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
85 Posts
Congrats Claudia!! They start out looking like guppies then they start growing their finnage and then color and then ... they become little eating machines. Keep up with the pics ... it's nice to see the progression. How many fry do you have?

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Were like 40-50 eggs some turned white after surviving the first couple of days i saw 14 swimming around but then i have lots of java moss in the tank, now i only see 5 but they sure are growing :) I check on the new eggs parents lay yesterday and so far they are taking care od them :D

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Parents ate most of the new eggs :(

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Sorry to hear Claudia , but it seems they are trying often for you.Hopefully the next batch makes it further.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Claudia you need to feed the poor starving parents, they are hungry after their love dance. Lol then maybe they won't eat the eggs. Or they are just crazy.

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hahahah i fed them 4 times yesterday as Kathie sugested, i checked this morning and there were about 15 eggs left :(

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
If you want the eggs to survive, the best way is to move them to a small jar/tank with methyl blue (optional depending on how many infertile eggs).

I noticed that my Angel Pair always ate all or most of the eggs in a few days when they were in the 29Gallon by themselves.

I moved them to my 155Gallon and they successfully raised the eggs to fry stage and were taking care of the fry even after free swimming stage...and they kept breeding every 2-3 weeks...It was too much, so I moved them back to the 29Gallon tank :)

HTH

1 - 20 of 42 Posts