British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Welcome to my tank journal. This thread is about my 28 Gallon Tanganyika cichlid tank. Currently I have two species in the tank 'Lamprologus' brevis (Katabe) and Neolamprologus leleupi (Lemon Cichlid), and they might be the only two species I keep in this tank.

Tank setup:
28 Gallon bowfront, rimless tank
AquaClear 70 HOB filter
70watt Jager Heater (81/82F average)
Fine Aragonite sand
Lots of snail shells
Crushed Corals (for High PH)
PH 8.0

Enjoy the pictures!

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
A nice,clean,and simple setup! Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
7,006 Posts
leleupi are good hunter. Worse yet, they have been known to pull shellers' female out of the shells. And in your tank that size, you should really keep just the shellies or 1 pair of leleupi. You might have calm and quiet tank now but wait till the leleupi gets more mature... First they will turn on itself, then they will start hunting your shellies...

Sorry to bring you bad news.

·
Registered
491 Posts
wheres the like button? lol
Nice tank man, I like how you went tang, I myself rather malawi's, but they are the most common. My fiance and I had the same problem too, we have 2 10 galls of cichlids that will be in my 90 down the road...

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
New Additions

Ordered some fishes with Mferko recently, they just arrived today. Here are some of them. Enjoy the pics!

Karliani Frontosa

Eretmodus cyanostictus Makobola Blue Throat (Goby Cichlid)

Cyprichromis leptosoma Kerenge Island

Cyprichromis leptosoma and Brevis

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Very nice fish! But is that Frontosa? =) Have fun raising them! I'm sure you got much larger tanks for them later! So I won't bother asking!~ LOL! Ur signature says it all~

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
dollarama sells em in metrotown or downtown
or u can go to clark and hastings to the gourmet warehouse and get 24 escargot shells for 18 bucks

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.