British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
welcome to my tank journal

my 55gal tank one of my old friends sold me his 55gal freshwater tank for $10 i think that was a grate deal on my part :) three and a half months ago before he moved to calgary so i have only had it up & running now for about 3months as i had to buy all the filters & stuff for it i also got a few guppys to do a fish cycal as i read that was a good way to get it all up & go i added gravel & some sand to it with a few live plants with plant tabs to make them happy all are growing nicely bright green in color :) as for the 11 guppys there now looking for a new home if any one want them let me know
i have2 assason snail 10 neons 3 Emraled corycats and just added today 5 blue rams i got today Aug 30th from charles :) im so happy with them there so cute . i still want to add more fish & plants to the tank just not sure yet what kinds i do know i want a sword plant just not sure where to get it as my LPS does not have any :(
in my 55 tank i want to change out the gravel for somthing eles so if any one know what is a good substrat for plants please let me know
i will try to get pics of my fish in the tank :)

here is a few pics of my 55gal

how the tank looked before i changed it all :)
my tank 001.jpg

My little 26gal bowfrount tank is home to 20-25 chreey shrimp shrimp tank & 3 jili corycats i moved from my 55gal to help clean Not sure if thats good or not
View attachment 67250

Attachments

·
Registered
466 Posts
Looking good!

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
hi everyone so i changed my 55gal tank up a bit :) i emptyed it then added miracle grow organic potting soil :) my old gravel over that then white sand by National Geographic replanted my live plants i had & cut a few of them back so they would grow more added my fish {they are not a happy bunch right now lol
i do have a sweet looking pice of apple wood that i need to soak before i can add it to the tank :) the tank is couldy right now i think it will look good ones i have finished adding all the driftwoods that im soaking into the tank :)

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i changed the 55gal up a bit :) added a lot more plants & fish to it :) here is a video of it so far :) i changed the filter on it to a fluval 406 :) i find its a lot quiter now & has a lot more water flow in the tank

1 - 6 of 6 Posts