British Columbia Aquariums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Its been a very long time since I have a Journal going, and since I work for Joseph (Miyabi) now, I thought I should share my Show Tank to Everyone.

Specs:
Tank: 60H Do Aqua
Lighting: ADA Solar II 2x36 watts
Co2 10lbs
Eheim 2215
ADA Aquasoil Powder/Powersand and additives
Manten Stone

Laying down the 5 Substrate Additives

After Pouring 1x9litre of Powder Type Aquasoil, this is what it looks like. Its enough for your usual set up and even gives you a slope.

But I decided to put the second one and this is what it looks like w/ the Manten Stone

Deciding on the Hardscape!! This might be it but will a play around some more and this might change. I still feel that its not quite there yet.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unfortunately the update might take a while, I have enough HC to fill a 50 gallon but I've been working a lot lately and couldn't find time to plant it so I decided to put it in a ziplock and let let float on one of my tank. I think the temp in the ziplock went up too much and plant coul not breathe and they were all melted when I got home today.... Not very smart!!! :(

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
To bad about the HC. At least you'll have time to get the hardscape just as you want.
Subscribed.
That's true! I'm actually thinking of a wood and some rock accent. I was never good at iwagumi layout anyway, but I thought I could use some practice.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Great start bien, I like that "tower of power" you have going there. I'll have to come check it out one of these days.

Have you used the ADA substrate additives before? Do they make a difference?

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great start bien, I like that "tower of power" you have going there. I'll have to come check it out one of these days.

Have you used the ADA substrate additives before? Do they make a difference?[/QUOTE
Thanks man, this is the first time I'm using the ADA additives to be honest. I will document everything and will keep you all updated..

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Finally had a chance to play around with the scape and will decide on this one. I might go with HC for the most of the foreground and DHG for the background. I think the Accicularis Mini from tropica is too short so I will use the Regular Parvula. Hope to start planting on the weekend. Thanks for looking.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Looking good, Bien!

Can't wait to see some plants in there, too.

Rob

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
After 6 months I finally have the time to post some pictures..let me know what u guys think. Im debating if I should tear this down and work on a diff. scape..I probably will in the summer. thx for looking.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts