British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is a night mare to move these big fish, especially the 20" stingray, with the tank 30" high I can't reach the bottom. Now everyone is healthy and eating just waiting for bigger tank.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did you move the whole tank downstairs, or just the fish? Just curious as I have to move my 125 g in the not so distant future while we reno part of the basement and am gathering ideas. Nice looking setup.
Moving the whole tank and 1/4 of the old water as well. I have to use 8 44L bucket to hold water and aro, catching loaches and stingray out of this tank is no fun. My red aro jump and hit the floor and its like 5ft high, lucky no damage or drop scale.

thats some beautiful fish u have there how big is that tank
it is 180G tank but custom build so its only 5ft and 30" high. I do need to build a plywood tank with 3ft deep soon.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
WOW!!!
That's a great collection!!!
Keep us posted.

Are you keeping this 1 bare bottom?
My ray never like substance and bare tank make easy cleaning too. I do paint it black on the back and bottom though. Will add more aro if I can find similar size.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
very nice looking comm tank!

your red looks to have a lot of potential by judging from his gill plates. maju red?
yeah it is maju, everything about it is good except minor DE on one side. I try to prevent it when its small but never work. Looking forward to operate it when its older.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
yea thats a shame but really nice colour tho! i guess its always like that. hard to find a perfect aro. take some close up pics of each aro!

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Those are some beautiful fish. Moving adult Asian Arowana is no easy task, very stressful. Glad to hear it went reasonably well. Wow, really nice.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks everyone, it takes me awhile for me to know what fish I want to keep :D. Still very itchy for other fish though.

Sweet set up, a bigger tank is the way to go with those bad boys...:cool:
It is the excuse so I can convince my wife to let me have bigger tank later :).

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yea thats a shame but really nice colour tho! i guess its always like that. hard to find a perfect aro. take some close up pics of each aro!
will do individual pics when I have time.

Those are some beautiful fish. Moving adult Asian Arowana is no easy task, very stressful. Glad to hear it went reasonably well. Wow, really nice.
I would said that I am quite lucky my 20" aro is not that jumpy and very cooperated when move. I hope I don't have to move them again for a long time as everyday they get bigger and bigger. I really under estimate how big my rays are.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts