British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Great looking tank! I just filled one of my cubes last night, this gave me some great ideas. I like the rocks and think I need to find some interesting and safe ones for my tank. I was thinking driftwood but the piece I have is too big. Im not going to bother with C02 so I welcome suggestions :)

·
Super Moderator
5,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Great looking tank! I just filled one of my cubes last night, this gave me some great ideas. I like the rocks and think I need to find some interesting and safe ones for my tank. I was thinking driftwood but the piece I have is too big. Im not going to bother with C02 so I welcome suggestions :)
Hello Sherry.

Long time no see! I have a bunch more of the same rocks here (they are Koke - I believe). I got them a while back through a friend and have way too many. If you just want mosses and Anubias, I would also add some suswassertang for shrimp hideouts (especially if you also want to add fish).

Best regards,

Stuart

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
475 Posts
Hello Sherry.

Long time no see! I have a bunch more of the same rocks here (they are Koke - I believe). I got them a while back through a friend and have way too many. If you just want mosses and Anubias, I would also add some suswassertang for shrimp hideouts (especially if you also want to add fish).

Best regards,

Stuart

Thanks Stuart :)
Sent you a pm

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
67 Posts
Good Evening fellow aquarists.

It has been over a month since my last update and I finally have some fish and Matt's plants have settled in nicely. No gaseous CO2 has been used since the tank's inception.

I went to Aprils a couple weeks ago and picked up:
10 Boraras brigittae
3 Corydoras pygmaeus
2 Otocinclus vittatus

Here are some pics of the tank as of a couple days ago.

Thanks for looking.

Best regards,

Stuart

Tankful in Vancouver!
Those crypts have established themselves nicely. Looks beautiful!

·
Super Moderator
5,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)
So this tank is still up and running. Here are a couple photos after a waterchange and a trim.

Thanks for looking!

Best regards,

Stuart

·
Super Moderator
5,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #31 (Edited)
Here is the rebirth of my tank. I literally regenerated it 2 days ago. I'm going to go back to it's original roots with a cryptocoryne dominated tank. I also replaced the existing rock work with Dragon Stone from J&L Aquatics. I revamped my crypts through EDGE (Eric).

On with a few pics.

Thanks for looking!

Best Regards,

Stuart

·
Super Moderator
5,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Here are a few more pics as of tonight!

A closeup of Anubias 'pinto' and Cameroon Moss (thank you Reckon)

The left side of the tank with Crypt Affinis, Crypt Denerle (thank you EDGE), and Fissidens on Dragon Stone.

Tank from the front.

Tank from the left side.

Tank from the right showing Barclaya longifolia, and Crypt Nuuri,

Top down view.

Another top down view.

Thanks for looking.

Stuart

·
Super Moderator
5,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
The tank is slowly growing in, so a few more pics from tonight......

Thanks for looking!

Stuart

·
Super Moderator
5,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Hello BC Aquaria.

It has been quite a while since an update was done on this thread. I had an ammonia problem after putting in some DIY root tabs in this tank. My ammonia rose to 2-4ppm for about a week. I had to do once/twice daily water changes for about a week and added SeaChem Stability (at initial dose recommendations) after each WC. Luckily our water here is soft/acidic (so ammonia is converted to ammonium). With the daily Stability and Prime additions, I had no fish casualties and the fish showed no signs of distress. My ammonia is back down to 0!

I’m happy the Crypts did not melt during this process. They did melt quite a bit after my surgery as I was unable to perform maintenance for 3+ weeks post-op. The Cameron Moss and NL Moss (Rose Moss) are growing in well.

I will update with pictures after a WC today!

Best regards,

Stuart

·
Super Moderator
5,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
What size is this tank?
It is an old FLUVAL Flora/Ebi tank. They are 7.9 gallons (https://www.fluvalaquatics.com/us/flora/). The only stock items are the tank/lid. The newer versions have LED's (mine originally came with the old 13W Power Compact light and the bulky Fluval internal filter).

I upgraded to a heater, 2 Eheim Mini Up filters (bought used from Ray), 2-12" Vertex Illuminex LED's, a GLA Paintball CO2 system (bought used from Marshall), and ADA Aquasoil.

Best regards,

Stuart

·
Super Moderator
5,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #37 (Edited)
Here are a few pics as of tonight:

Front view:

Right side view:

Top down view showing S. repens:

Left side view:

Fissidens Fontana's (Phoenix Moss):

Cryptocoryne affinis and 'Denerle' spreading:

Anubias Pinto and NL Moss (Rose Moss):

Cameroon Moss:

Thanks for looking!

Best regards,

Stuart

·
Super Moderator
5,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Hello BC Aquaria!

I added some Staurogyne and a few clumps of Blyxa to the tank (from cyber_ecco). Here are a few recent pictures:

Thanks for looking!

Best regards,

Stuart

·
Super Moderator
5,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
So today I took off 1 of the Vertex LED’s. I’m wanting to see if this is why I’m getting my ongoing GDA, very small leaves on my Crypt ‘Denerle’, and getting a lot of red pigmentation in the new leaves on the Blyxa. I have run this tank with 2 20W fixtures for years, but want to see if I can get better growth with less light.

I will keep y’all posted!

Best regards,

Stuart

·
Super Moderator
5,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #40 (Edited)
I did another lighting switch on my Flora. I had an original ADA Aquasky 17W LED fixture that I swapped out for the 20W Vertex Illuminex. It has less wattage but better spread. I'll see what difference it makes with GDA control and plant growth. Here are some pictures as of today.

Thanks for looking!

Stuart

21 - 40 of 40 Posts