British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my 10 & 22 Gallon rimless shrimp tanks, i hope this thread will help fellow hobbyist here on BCA how to keep crs. Many people misunderstand that having crs & injecting co2 is a NO NO, but these tanks prove otherwise. We all know that these shrimps are harder to keep than let say RCS. All questions regarding crs are welcome it is nice to see that more and more people are getting into keeping crs and not end up killing all of them which by the way not cheap to replace like rcs. My first attempt years back turned into utter failure as i didn't have any knowledge on how to keep these beautiful shrimps.

The pictures were taken as we speak & i tried those almond leafs for the first time as you can see i have one on each tank LOL.

10g tank:
Substrate: ADA Power Sand + ADA AS I Normal Type

22g tank:
Substrate: ADA Power Sand + ADA AS II + ADA AS I Powder Type + Bacter 100

Thank you for viewing, if you have any questions feel free to PM me or leave a post here.

Cheers,
Stephen

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You are amazing!
Whens the next project? Maybe do some pearl blue =)
Thanks,When i have more room i will do another higher grade crs tank, my 75w MH light & ADA 60-p and about 8bags of 9L ADA soil is waiting patiently LOL. I can't start a new tank if i don't sell my arowana which is taking all the space in my room right now.:(

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
=( im seriously waiting! Before the crash, I had your stuff always booked mark and checking on them daily! You are extremely talented =) not even joking! Just luv your work! Hope you could do something like yellow shrimp or blue shrimp! or maybe some small fish breeding project!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Your tanks are amazing, humble is NOT the word that comes to mind to describe them =P
what kind of c02 setup do you use..?

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
=( im seriously waiting! Before the crash, I had your stuff always booked mark and checking on them daily! You are extremely talented =) not even joking! Just luv your work! Hope you could do something like yellow shrimp or blue shrimp! or maybe some small fish breeding project!
No Fish, just shrimps but right now i really love crs/cbs & planted tanks. I really want to do a 33g long tank like my mentor Shaobo(ED) hahaha sorry buddy pulling your leg but truth be told he is one heck of a guy to ask about crs very knowledgeable, though he has other interest now(plecos BoOoO LOL gggrrrr).:p
I do have very red rcs from him and breeds like rabbits lols, will need to harvest some soon.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
btw.. what kinda filter system is that? if you dont mind sharing!
I doubt that's eheim... maybe eheim parts, but definitely don't think you would use a eheim in a small tank!

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Your tanks are amazing, humble is NOT the word that comes to mind to describe them =P
what kind of c02 setup do you use..?
I got mine from Patrick(Mykiss), i just removed the solenoid so it is injecting co2 24/7 and thanks for the comment.:)

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
btw.. what kinda filter system is that? if you dont mind sharing!
I doubt that's eheim... maybe eheim parts, but definitely don't think you would use a eheim in a small tank!
The 10g tank i'm using a combo of eheim 2234+eheim 2217 classic connected in series. I'm using eheim 2026 pro II+xp3 again connected in series for my 22g tank. With these shrimps water parameters are everything, some japanese breeders even go to the extent of connecting 3-4 cannisters in series this will in turn give you more stable & better water quality.;) Over filtration is almost a must with higher grade crs IME.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
I've always agree with over filtering, BUT, a huge eheim cannister in a 20 gallon? that's EXTREME!!

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
true enuff! But still.. i try not to play with my water flow at all, dun wanna jam the motor at all! and yes... by experience.. my pins that hold the motor to the cannister ripped up a ltitle all becuz me fooling around with those controls LOL!

Anyways, good job on everything =) just keep em coming!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Your tanks are amazing :D I did not realize that shrimp required this much care. We have only had blue or marbled cray (lobster), and conditions did not seem to matter. And once you have had them in a tank, it seems you never get rid of them :eek: They even live in your canister filter :eek:

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Beautiful tanks stephen!
Thanks buddy!
Your tanks are amazing :D I did not realize that shrimp required this much care. We have only had blue or marbled cray (lobster), and conditions did not seem to matter. And once you have had them in a tank, it seems you never get rid of them :eek: They even live in your canister filter :eek:
Thank you for the kind words, yes the biggest challenge is keeping them alive let alone breeding them.
Love the tree!;)
Thanks man...:)

1 - 20 of 45 Posts