British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Updates on my monsters. My 210 gal tank was set up last Friday and everybody is doing extremely well. I have the following inhabitants :
3 mono peacock bass from BEN (7")
4 red hook silver dollar from TONY(previously from JUICE) (8")
2 silver aros from MIKE (16")
1 7" common pleco

This morning when I turned on the light preparing to start feeding, one of the 7" bass was ramming into the pleco at the bottom and the pleco escaped into the woods. These bass are extremely fearless + aggressive. Before my 210 gal set up, they were in my 108 gal. I had 2 8" BGF fish in there and they were hunted by all 3 bass day & night for one week, and finally I removed the 2 BGK. I will remove my pleco later today.

Still pondering for a strong bottom dweller or dwellers to complete this monster tank. Any solid suggestions ??????

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
a big shovel nose or redtail cat...

·
Premium Member
1,617 Posts
I'm probably going to be selling my 8 Red Hook Silver Dollars soon. A school of 12 Red Hooks would look really impressive in your big tank :)
pm me if you're interested.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thank you for all your valuable + genuine inputs

I guess I behave today and the "Power" lets me speak softly in the forum.

I really like to kick the bass' butts once in a while and I agree the emperor snakeheads will do the jobs, except I am not feeding life foods. Everybody is now trained on pellets, flakes or shrimp shells. The ones Ben's friend are selling only eat life food.

A fancy large pleco is also my preference but who has large pleco at 8 to 10inches ??????? Not common pleco !!!!!!

So who wants to unload a large niger cat ??????

THanks again for everybody's solid inputs !!!!!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts