British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I'm proud say on May 26th I took ownership of Algaebeater "Kevin's" beloved "Confirmed by Brittany L066" Tiger pleco complete set up, I hope I can give them as good a home as Kevin did. Thanks to Reckon "Lawson" for the smooth pickup.
I plan on re-creating a new environment in as natural living conditions as possible in a now going to be 33 gallon long tank in the near future. Pictures will follow once the fish have a few days to settle in. This will be my first attempt at breeding pleco's, I think it's going to be fun. :cool: picture of the 33 long added
A few pictures taken May31, these guys are very shy

This will be the new home for my 6 - L66 king tiger pleco's out of a 15 long and into this 33 long habitat tank

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
My new adventure with Pleco's

Congrats. I'll watch for it.
Yes thanks Lawson for all the organizing .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,411 Posts
Hey Laurie. Good luck on your new venture. What are you starting with ? A pair, trio, or breeding colony of the L333's ? We have a good "supply" of the L-066 King Tigers available in the lower mainland as several local aquarists are breeding them, but I am not aware of anyone breeding the L333 "yellow tigers" around here :)

·
Premium Member
4,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Hey Laurie. Good luck on your new venture. What are you starting with ? A pair, trio, or breeding colony of the L333's ? We have a good "supply" of the L-066 King Tigers available in the lower mainland as several local aquarists are breeding them, but I am not aware of anyone breeding the L333 "yellow tigers" around here :)
As far as we can tell these are L333 and do differ slightly from the L066 apparently the tail tells the tale as the L066 has a deeper tail fork than the L333 as far as I read.
It would be nice if anyone out there that breed L066 could chime in and give some input. Reckon, myself and a few others believe the ones I have to be L333.
I'll try and take some pictures of these 6 in the next few days of and post. I really want to know 100% what I have.

·
Premium Member
4,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Congrats. I'll watch for it.
Yes thanks Lawson for all the organizing .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey April didn't get much chance to talk to you last night as we were all busy getting things ready to go. I'll give you a call later today.

·
Registered
7,006 Posts
As far as we can tell these are L333 and do differ slightly from the L066 apparently the tail tells the tale as the L066 has a deeper tail fork than the L333 as far as I read.
It would be nice if anyone out there that breed L066 could chime in and give some input. Reckon, myself and a few others believe the ones I have to be L333.
I'll try and take some pictures of these 6 in the next few days of and post. I really want to know 100% what I have.
To make things more complex, L333 is long thought to be yellow and L66 is white. On top of that, the longer fork is a story where the collector will tell purposely a wrong location or L# so that this collector will be the only one to know where to get them.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Kevin adored these pleco's. Had them breeding constantly. There was only one time when I was over where they weren't looking after some eggs.

·
Premium Member
4,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Once I get their new tank ready with some new caves along with the Amazon river habitat re-creation I hope they will get back to a comfort zone they like . I believe the move stressed them out a bit. I've been doing a lot of research on Planetcatfish and got a lot of great info to help with the tank build. :cool:

·
Registered
7,006 Posts
So Charles from what you see in the pictures what's your expert opinion are they L333 or L66?
With the same reason i gave you above, i cant really tell you what they are. Even knowing who the exporter is, i cant give you an ensure answer. Sorry about that.

·
Premium Member
4,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
I believe Kevin was selling them at the Spring Auction as L066.

Best regards,

Stuart

Tankful in Vancouver!
devonb a friend of Kevin's was over today for some plants and he seems to recall L066 mentioned by Kevin as well. Everything I've read about tigers it's always mentioned that the L333 is more yellowish-white & black and the L066 is white & black. Devon and I had a close look at these guys and agree they are white & black. :confused:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts