British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonight, My fiance and I filled 3 buckets of fish out of my friends 90gal show tank. He has to get rid of fish quick, as he is going to teach ESL with his family in september.

we got:
4-5" male giraffe cichlid
4-5" female giraffe cichlid
* never bread*
4" yellow Lab female ( has been bread)
we got one of her babies.
4" elecrtric blue
6" highfin plecko
8x 3 month old electric blues ( 3/4 of an inch long)
3.5" yellow Banded cichlid
and two more cichlids I don't know what they are.

here are a few pictures.

next spring once we get married, we will be setting up a 90gal african tank, and then 40 gal ( that has most of the cichlids) will become a salt water tank.

heres a few pictures.

This is the Male electric blue. He is a breeder, and we have plans to go get a female or two.

this is the mother, the female yellow lab.
http://www.bcaquaria.com/forum/members/cichlid-1423/albums/my-tanks/323-picture-009.jpg
this little guy, is her baby, the only one of 12 left. they were all runts, he is the only one to survive, the smallest fish in a 90 gallon tank full of 17 other cichlids.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks! I didn't add in the 25 gal, with the electric blue is a 5" red zebra.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks like you have a Red Devil (or a hybrid similar) and maybe a Jaguar also. Those are SA cichlids.
nope, these are deffinatly africans. the guy who sold them too me breads africans he isnt really into SA's.

which ones did you think were the jaguar and the red devil?

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
heres a couple more.

male venustus, high fin plecko, and the other cool pink one, ( i txt the seller to ask what kind it is)

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I stand corrected, in your new pics I was clearly mistaken, they arent what I thought they were.
no problem. Im pretty sure most of these are malawi fish, it is hard to tell in pictures. i must admit I do have a small soft spot for SA's, but then again who doesnt like the color and patern of an oscar.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts