British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I thought he was blue/red when I bought him. But when I got him in a tank He was a beautiful green/red

24 hours later

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
that could almost be upsetting.
buying one fish and getting another..

·
Premium Member
6,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
that could almost be upsetting.
buying one fish and getting another..
it almost was , tho I got to liking the green, but then he turned blue lol , but either way not disappointed. Apparently they do that alot thru life

·
Premium Member
6,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
That's the famous IPU chameleon Betta!:D
lol you know it! love him , as well as the other I got from you :) and most likely the rest I get from you lol

·
Premium Member
6,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
very nice betta! looks like he's got a nice and full belly already!

I also have a color changing betta. Hes a halfmoon bought from IPU 1.5 years ago
thanks , yours are nice as well & Yes he is eating great lol The ones that change color are so cool . I was looking on the net yesterday about them and seen lots of cool ones

he was just a lil stressed with the move :D
I was thinkin thats what it was,I did some research & seems some do it alot thru their life for whatever reason

·
Premium Member
6,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
im not sure if you caught it but the two pics I shared are of the same fish :) I was showing just how much they can change lol
it took me a minute but I did catch it, I presume the pic with the white on him is the newer one...it is an amazing morph for sure ... you should see some of the ones I seen yesterday, its really unbelievable how they change so much. The bottom pic you showed looks a lot like the one in my 33 gal, which when he was in the right light last nite , I could swear the outer edge of his fins were slightly red, which was a first I have ever noticed on him, could be in for a surprise soon there

·
Registered
308 Posts
lol thats weird.. I've been noticing red in this guys fins too recently when hes in certain areas of the light... very strange! they must be the same type of betta or something.

actually the pic with white is when I first got him and the other pic where hes all blue with a black head i just took a few days ago :)

·
Premium Member
6,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
that is strange & bet you liked him the other way better... I was reading alot of white ones change drastically over time was why I was thinkin it was the other way....either way still a beautiful Betta

·
Registered
308 Posts
hahah of course i liked him better before!!! I'm not a fan of blue bettas :( but im stuck with him lol He's a cool fish though with a good personality so I don't mind. I also have another color changing betta I can post pics if you want

·
Premium Member
6,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm gonna get some pix of my other bettas up as well, prolly after I get a couple more tomorrow at IPU...gettin a female crowntail and try some mating ...also going to get a twintail...I so can' wait...Starting to look like a Betta retreat around here lol

·
Registered
308 Posts
they are way too addicting. they don't need much space so its so easy to just squeeze one in any where lol then before you know it you have way too many. We have 8 males here and probably bring home a couple more like you when I stop by IPU tomarrow.

G

·
those are some nice bettas ... i have a pure white betta who is slowly turning pink ... which is okay because i am ocd pink :)

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
wow very cool,
i really like betas but the wife won't let me put vases around the house with fish in them.
we tried it for a while till one of the vases got broken by the i don't know ghost.
those of you with kids know what i'm talking about.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts