British Columbia Aquariums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just picked up a Digital Aquatics Controller. I love this thing! It has a temp probe and controls a 4 plug outlet. I have one set as a temp controller and now it keeps my tank at a rock solid 79F. Before with the heater alone no mater how I set it, the temp just seemed to keep on creeping up. I use a second channel to turn on and off the lights. At $119 with taxes in you cant beat it. I plan on using this tank to grow out my baby pleco's as well as house some L134's and I feel good knowing I am not going to cook them with a heater malfunction. you can also set alarms to notify you if anything is out of whack. Plus being a bit of a techno geek I just love this kind of stuff. Lol

·
Registered
346 Posts
that looks like one big tank.. do you know if they have anything to check the tds/KH and GH? i hate having to take a 5ml sample and dip some chemicals in the bottles, its just stupid and i hate doing it.. there must be some device where you just simply dip it in the water and it will show the KH and GH levels right?

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Alright now that is a cool toy. Nice find and not bad of a price at all.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that looks like one big tank.. do you know if they have anything to check the tds/KH and GH? i hate having to take a 5ml sample and dip some chemicals in the bottles, its just stupid and i hate doing it.. there must be some device where you just simply dip it in the water and it will show the KH and GH levels right?
Digital aquatics doesn't have anything for tds/gh/kh but you can add a module for pH

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
For those interested I picked it up at JL Aquatics.
In regards to bang for your buck, it is hard to beat.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Congrats on the new toy!

I've been looking into controllers for awhile for my reef tanks and was seriously looking at the ReefKeeper line. You can even add modules to it so that you can have you e-mail you if something goes wrong. You can even log events and keep track of how the tank performed over time!

You can even program it to turn on water pumps at certain times to create times of calm and times of water movement. You can also set it so that the pumps turn off for a set time for feeding and not have food blown all over the tank.

I'm pretty sure that you can find it at J&L aquatics. There are different levels and packages you can get and the nice thing is the expandability of it!

Have fun with it! I love controllers, they really change the way you look at your tank. They are getting cheaper too!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Very cool!

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
thats a pretty cool looking toy Dave,,
let me know how it works out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts