British Columbia Aquariums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got these beasts from Budahrox. Thanks again Don !!!!

Thanks for viewing !!!!

·
Registered
925 Posts
Looks great Peter!!
They look quite happy.
You may want to consider moving some of the rocks into cave like structure as the bichirs like to hide in places & may provide some cover if the Veja gets a little ornery!!
Thanks for posting!!
Cheers!!!!

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks great Peter!!
They look quite happy.
You may want to consider moving some of the rocks into cave like structure as the bichirs like to hide in places & may provide some cover if the Veja gets a little ornery!!
Thanks for posting!!
Cheers!!!!
Very good suggestion !!!! I will do.

Thanks again !!!!

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
very nice Peter.
and you better believe the Veja gets ornery!!

·
Registered
925 Posts
very nice Peter.
and you better believe the Veja gets ornery!!
The Veja ain't that bad. LMAO!!
Definitely be careful when introducing new fish though, lessen learned lol.
But he/she was very good with all its other tank mates, except was starting to have issue with the JD. Kind of to be expected though. Should be fairly well behaved as long as it doesn't get a mate. Then all bets are off, sit back & watch the show!!!!!
Cheers!!

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Don & Li$a !!!

The vieja was my last minute impulsive purchase from DON. This was the same tank I housed my last flowerhorn. Don did a very good job in growing this entertaining beast. This baest has been re-decorated his whole tank, using his mouth + filppers to move the lava rocks, gravel + sand, to create bare bottom spots all over the tank.

·
Registered
916 Posts
hey nice fish :p...here is a pic of the little gaffer when he was a few weeks old..( 2nd from the left on the bottom :rolleyes:...

here is a pic of the Mommy for you ....

and Daddy :D...oops gotta up load him later :)

And here is one of his sisters....

whopops too late !:eek:....:)

Nice looking fish you have there. Makes me miss mine :(...but then again I havent needed my hospital tank lately :eek:..
bill

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hey nice fish :p...here is a pic of the little gaffer when he was a few weeks old..( 2nd from the left on the bottom :rolleyes:...

Nice looking fish you have there. Makes me miss mine :(...but then again I havent needed my hospital tank lately :eek:..
bill
Thanks, Bill !!!!

You did a great job breeding them. I can see your hospital tank was busy with these beasts. They need to be kept by themselves as long as they have toys in the tank they can play with. Same temperament as midas or flowerhorn. Thanks for your great pictures !!!!!!

·
Registered
807 Posts
Thanks, Adrian + Shelley !!!

This beast can grow to a full size of 14", fully colored. Aquaman is the EXPERT.
I seen his pair when he had them, very nice parents.
Not friendly nice, but great looking!!! :D

bill
Man I never knew they spawned for you.
That female/sis is gorgeous!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts