British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
8,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got some shots of my EBJD's to show their changes.

Big guy is pushing 5" now. Sorry pic is a bit blurry, but he either swims fast or pushes his face right against the glass.

This one is the less dominant one and has turned a blue smokey grey. Not sure if it's a female or it's a dominance thing:

·
Registered
773 Posts
Wow I love the color on the first one, very beautiful fish 2wheelsx2

·
Registered
8,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hahaha...no that tank won't have any discus any time soon. :D

The swordplant was being mauled by the Chocolate cichlid, so I had to move it to the front of the tank. I think it's being chewed on by my Baryancistrus (the hi fin green phantom) and maybe the L075 Pekoltia Sabaji.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
your amazons look great! As for mine, they're hardly growing and very very slowly dying!

=) BUT AWESOME EBJD! Post more post mre! You seem like u have quite a few tanks~

·
Registered
8,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
your amazons look great! As for mine, they're hardly growing and very very slowly dying!

=) BUT AWESOME EBJD! Post more post mre! You seem like u have quite a few tanks~
It'll take some time as you start to up the lights and dose ferts. Be patient.

I only have 3 tanks. But these and most of the plecos are in a 125 gallon. :D

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
=( as u know.. it'll not be awhile until i can really see the beauty of my plants! It's infected with ich at the moment!
I have been told by the wifey, if her favourite fish (Balloon molly x Pearl Gourami) dies... she will throw me and the whole tank out! I am trying to keep that little fellow alive right now!

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
wow Gary they look good.
i see I've been stressed for nothing now that i see EBJDs.
mine has done the same pattern change.

·
Registered
8,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks Adrian. Actually, I took that second pic because I was thinking about your old post. It must be that some of them don't get the full brilliant blue gene, which is too bad. Or maybe they change back and forth until they get full grown. We'll just have to see I guess.

·
Registered
8,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
As promised, I'm including fish from my other tanks also. But first, my big JD male.

One of my 2 4+" SAE that don't eat algae anymore. The brass bolt is holding down half a yam for my plecos. :D

Overexposed shot of my black neons (with an emperor tetra in there for good measure).

One of my emperor tetra males which terrorize my Amanos. These guys are quick.

Cherries have some yam with an Amano:

Lone cherry picking at a jungle val leaf:

Two of my school of Rummy Nose. These are from either Kole or Charles, can't remember which.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts