Need your advice regarding my adult Rainbow. He is 4 inch in size and has nice colors. Since 2 days I saw that the top part of his head seems faded with the fading going down to his dorsal fin. He is also picky about the food. I have other rainbows, loaches, tetras, corries in the tank which is a 70 gallon, 4 ft tank. The others are all happy and eating.
My water quality is very good, its a planted tank. 25-30% water changes every week. Use Seachem prime and use Prazipro as a preventive measure against any parasites like flukes etc.
Just to avoid any parasites attack on him I tried metronidazole mixed with food and seachem focus (binding agent) with some garlic guard added for flavor. He jumps at the food, takes it in his mouth and spits it out.
My other fishes are eating the medicated food.
Has anyone experienced this situation with their fish. I am adding a pic, its not of my fish but looks the same.