British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Day 2 a couple men down but water at 78 deg ,salinity about 33 ppt, light 24 hrs , to grow algae ,slowly siphoning left over swimmers from the fresh water tank today. The little tank makes it hard to keep salinity steady but I'm taking my sweet time . Will take pics again tomorrow.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Brown Automotive lighting Wood Liquid Water
Automotive lighting Tints and shades Wood Tree Astronomical object
Hood Automotive lighting Fluid Bumper Liquid

So one week and it seems like I have had very few casualties. Just did 20 % water change with a little algae and water out of my other tank. FYI i believe the Fluval sea hydrometer to be a little off after sitting in the salt tank for a while, rinsed it with fresh and it seemed better. So far so good. Keep you posted.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It sure is a lot of work outsider and a bigger rearing tank would make it alot easier to control salinity. As i found out mine was just over 36 ppt and i had a 60 - 70 % loss �� .I have approx 20- 30 remaining but i will try again as i have 2 berried amanos in my other tank right now and i have a little better idea of how to do this. I will get some pics again in a day or two of the survivors.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well I'm pretty disappointed as my last survivors passed . Some had even started to move slightly horizontal which I assume means I was close. Like I said before I will try again once my other amano are ready .

·
Registered
195 Posts
Wow, I've never seen anyone even try to breed these guys. If you ever grow any out please PM me, I love these little guys

·
Registered
214 Posts
Any more tips or tricks as I also have a berried female at the moment and would like to try rearing them. Is it easier to separate the female now to a rearing tank then remove her after the eggs hatch take her out and start the increase in salinity?

Water Grass Liquid Windscreen wiper Underwater

What are the best options?

Cheers,
Sean

·
Registered
183 Posts
A little late on the reply, but I found this article with information that might answer some question
https://gabhar.wordpress.com/2009/11/11/breeding-amano/

Any more tips or tricks as I also have a berried female at the moment and would like to try rearing them. Is it easier to separate the female now to a rearing tank then remove her after the eggs hatch take her out and start the increase in salinity?

View attachment 119690

What are the best options?

Cheers,
Sean

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.