British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Since the crash I decided to re-post the threads of ben_mbu and my puffers ..

I would like for you all to meet Nala our Fahaka Puffer, she is currently the newest edition to our puffers!
We named her Nala after the Lion King :D

She is currently in a 90 gallon all to herself :) She was temporarily split with a sting ray, and now she is all alone once again. Which she seems a lot happier :D

She's so tiny!!

When her tank was divided

Nala burried

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
LOL, great pictures. I love the ones where she is looking at the camera. She likes being photographed

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
thanks man!... our puffers seem to love when its "photo shoot" time. wait & see the congo next ;)

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Ghostdogg, she's been burying herself a lot more lately, I'll see if I can get some pics.
Sometimes she'll just sprint up to me whenever she see's me hehe.. so I'll have to be very sneaky!

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
nice fahaka puffer! how many puffers do you guys have now?

also, what type of sand are you using? is it a heavier type of sand? planning on using sand for my pig nose turtle tank. just looking for a heavier one so it doesnt get sucked into the filter. thanks!

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
nice fahaka puffer! how many puffers do you guys have now?

also, what type of sand are you using? is it a heavier type of sand? planning on using sand for my pig nose turtle tank. just looking for a heavier one so it doesnt get sucked into the filter. thanks!
As Daniel said.. we are using 3M Colorquartz, S-Grade and it seems to be heavy enough, it doesn't get stuck to our filters that I know of. It is nice and soft though so your FRT would love it :)

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
she's cool, Thinking about getting a couple of those figure 8 puffers from IPU myself, really getting a liking for them
I would suggest you do! Puffers are pretty awesome.

He is really, really cute. Made me smile.
I agree.. after a hard day it's nice to sit on the couch and watch the fish for a while :)

1 - 20 of 57 Posts