British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
thanks for the post, very educational and visually interesting for sure.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Interesting video. Always cool to see animals in their natural habitat. Let's hope we'll still be able to see them in the future.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
cool video Earl!..its to bad that soo many species are becoming extinct. they just dont deserve it. thanks for posting dude!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thanks for the video.

It really shows how badly we keep our lungfish in Aquariums.

When I see how the wild lungfish enjoys swimming I realize how mine even in an uncrowded 360g 8 foot tank is in need of a lot larger tank to keep it fit and healthy.

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
very interesting video, earl do you know if a lungfish has ever been bread in captivity?

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure all the AUL's that are exported are bred and not wild caught. Wild caught likely to be illegal to export.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
very interesting video, earl do you know if a lungfish has ever been bread in captivity?
All aussie lungfish are captive breed and CITES protected. You buy them just like asian aros.

Buying a captive breed aussie lungfish actually helps the conservation project as the money goes to the project. Not like the asian arowana farmers who only cares about making money and not reintroducing some in the wild.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the video.

It really shows how badly we keep our lungfish in Aquariums.

When I see how the wild lungfish enjoys swimming I realize how mine even in an uncrowded 360g 8 foot tank is in need of a lot larger tank to keep it fit and healthy.
Seeing his vid makes me think how active they are in the wild compare here in my tank which often hides. Make me sad at the same time that I own 4 aussie lungfish and not much room but makes me happy too as the money went to the project and I'm able to get aussie lungfish.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts