British Columbia Aquariums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:)Hi all. I am about to set up my first 6ft, 120 gallon tank which I bought used a month or so ago. It came with a square tube, metal stand which the previous owner had used. :confused:My question is this, should I set the tank directly upon the metal stand or should I put a piece of plywood between the two. Or would it matter either way. I am going to attach a wooden frame with doors around the base later. Thanks in advance for any advice.:D

·
Registered
506 Posts
Plywood wont be necessary but just in case there are any discrepancies in the top of the tube frame, you could use a 3/4 or 1" thick chunk of rigid styrofoam in between. That way, no pressure points in the metal will be transferred to the tank, greatly reducing the chance of stress breaks

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Now thats a great idea. And that is exactly what my fear was, to what might happen once I filled the tank. Thanks again.....off to the hardware store;)

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
I would just cut a sheet to size and just lay it on the tank stand and set the tank on top of that. I've always used just the pink hard foam sheets at home depot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts