British Columbia Aquariums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Pls Close thread

Hey Pleco Lovers,
Could use a little help to ID 2 plecos. I got them from Cowis awhile back. One looks alot like a chocolate, but not so sure.
the other well......

Chocolate ?? He/she is about 6" good eater of all types of veg and proteins, farely brave and intelligent.
Pic 1

Chocolate ??
Pic 2

Chocolate ??
Pic 3

Pleco # 2 looks like a species I saw labeled from venezuela but with little other info. very shy, eats good on all types of food and bullies smaller fish.
I think these pics really wrecked his/her day as this fish does not like to seen let alone touched. Normally very dark black in colour tone. the mottled look is only when stressed.

Unkown
Pic 1

Unknown
Pic 2

Unknown
Pic 3

Any help from some of the Pleco enthusiasts here would help alot. I have scoured Planet catfish but jsut couldnt put a finger on them.
Sorry for poor pic quality

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks wheels. Is that ok with smaller ones like this also? He felt kinda delicate and I was worried about hurting him.

this one is so shy thats the only way I'll ever get a hot of him though.

·
Registered
8,717 Posts
I've done it even with my 239's and they're pretty small. However, I won't do it if they are struggling (couldn't do it with the L333's for instance) as there is no way to hold on without squeezing a bit and I don't want to do that with the smaller ones.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts