British Columbia Aquariums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, I have a 10G shrimp tank and recently it has been growing some blue green algae in dead spots where water movement is not that great, what would you guys recommend to increase water movement? powerhead? air pump with air stone? or a koralia nano? I don't want any of the shrimps to be killed by the impeller either. I don't want to put a sponge filter though... :) suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
5,242 Posts
You can try one of the AC Quickclear filters and replace the insert with Poret Foam or try using an Aquaclear with a Poret Foam pre-filter. I have an Ecco 2232 and an AC 50 on my 15 gallon high tech Blue Pearl tank. Excellent circulation for sure :)! My tank pearls ALOT.

Best Regards,

Stuart

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You can try one of the AC Quickclear filters and replace the insert with Poret Foam or try using an Aquaclear with a Poret Foam pre-filter. I have an Ecco 2232 and an AC 50 on my 15 gallon high tech Blue Pearl tank. Excellent circulation for sure :)! My tank pearls ALOT.

Best Regards,

Stuart
I'm using the AC30 I got from you lol, and the poret form insert too that came with it, I am using some other foam for the prefilter though, I think the tank needs more circulation, especially the bottom sides. :)

·
Registered
95 Posts
I think that a powerhead or air stone(s) would do the trick. Since its in more than one place it might be easier to use air stones since you have several problem areas, but having said that depending on tank size you might be able to get enough movement with a single powerhead to eliminate all the problem locations anyways. Just comes down to your preference :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts