Votes: 83 89.2%
  • No, everyone makes mistakes!!

Votes: 10 10.8%
1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I would like to see what people think about leaving Negative Feedback for people who "No-Show". This is not meant for the people who are nice about having to back out, and give plenty of notice and are genuinely sorry about it but rather those who don't have the courtesy to call and bale out.

I don't even know if we are allowed as a transaction has not actually taken place. I suppose a Mod or Dark Lord Admin. will have to answer that one.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I'd say go for it. It'd be like clicking "buy it now" on ebay and then not paying.
IMHO, a commitment to show up and buy something IS the start of a transaction. Failing to show up is akin to failing to pay.

·
Registered
773 Posts
I think that we should be able to post negative feedback for no-shows. Some people have to rearrange their day, or sit and wait around. Everyone does make mistakes but it is how you fix them. It is not hard to make a phone call and let the other person know that you are not going to make it, or to call as soon after to say something came up (this would still be a piss off to me though)is the least you can do. I think in the case of repeated no shows people show be aware of who they are dealing with. But on the other hand others may write them just because they are mad.

But I totally think we should do it.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
"low down dirty dogs ".... im cool with that ;) .... its funny how everyone in this world knows everybody's financial situations & schedules.... I know im considered one for "not showing up" ...but it doesn't mean they should be known as a "flaker". I disagree. I mean, i have met plenty of members of here & have had great conversations with them, but for someone to call someone out for not showing up is silly & especially to have a negative i-trader. That will then just present to the seller or buyer a bad person & who wants to be know for that.

·
Registered
600 Posts
i'd go for it. if a no show DOES NOT have a prior notice and explanation for the no show. then the person deserves a negative feedback. that is if the no show is anticipated. i not, then a pm with explanation should also be in place.

but i guess we need to have a rule for some sort of a grace period for the explanation to come in. say within 24 hrs the pm explanation should be in otherwise a negative feedback will be in place. i usually do meet up sometimes in places that are out of my way. no shows are really a pain to deal with.

·
Registered
8,717 Posts
I guess I'm old school and a handshake makes a deal. Unless the sky is falling, I make it a point to show up, unless I'm able to give notice.

I don't think Kole's point is that you do a deal or make an appointment and cancel. It's the not cancelling and expecting the selling to sit there or give up on other deals that's the point. Everyone understands that things come up, but it's the courtesy of a phone call is what this poll is about. At least that's the way I interpret it.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Bad idea. Sometimes people cannot help what happens.. and that's just life!
Sometimes people don't have any way to contact that person, so do they really deserve a negative feedback?
I think that seems a little harsh..

Just my two cents. :)

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
"low down dirty dogs ".... im cool with that ;) .... its funny how everyone in this world knows everybody's financial situations & schedules.... I know im considered one for "not showing up" ...but it doesn't mean they should be known as a "flaker". I disagree. I mean, i have met plenty of members of here & have had great conversations with them, but for someone to call someone out for not showing up is silly & especially to have a negative i-trader. That will then just present to the seller or buyer a bad person & who wants to be know for that.
Point taken, but if someone doesn't want to be known as that then don't do that.Seems pretty easy to me. I had committed to the group by for 3M Sand by Wolf Pack. Before the sand arrived I had a change of direction and didn't need it any more. I didn't stick Wayne with it, instead I paid the man what i owed him and then turned around and sold the sand for the same deal I had gotten. It is called takeing responsibility for your own actions, something there is a serious lack of nowadays.

Is it more silly to leave a Negative feedback or is more silly to expect "WhatIGot" to cancel a dinner with a friend and then hang out at home waiting for someone who doesn't even have the courtesy to call???

·
Registered
14 Posts
i'm new .. but i think if your busy you shouldnt cancel your plans to meet up with someone. thats your own fault!!
especially if you are not even a motivated seller.. not posting pics.. i wouldn't expect people to show up especially if i'm not even trying to make it easier to sell! :p

·
Registered
925 Posts
Without Malice.
I think that when an agreement for a transaction is made, we all understand that circumstances can change. What is important, however, is letting the other party know. You have to also consider how many opportunities for sale have gone by for the seller while the imminent sale is "pending". Members are extending their good nature & hold items in "good faith" & certainly deserve the right to know when the deal is no longer viable ASAP. Not only so as not to disturb their personal life but also so they can remove the pending notice & hopefully not too many folks have already passed by. We all appreciate being treated with respect & ignoring pending deals is just plain disrespectful IMHO. If your the only one who knows that the agreed transaction isn't going to happen, then somethings wrong, half the equation is missing. I'm sure that no one would be very impressed with going to pick up something that another member promised to hold only to find they already sold it when they got there?????
I don't think that it's too much to ask for just some common respect.
Cheers!!!

·
Registered
567 Posts
i'm new .. but i think if your busy you shouldnt cancel your plans to meet up with someone. thats your own fault!!
especially if you are not even a motivated seller.. not posting pics.. i wouldn't expect people to show up especially if i'm not even trying to make it easier to sell! :p
+1 !! I agree.:) & Welcome to the forum!
Too bad this had to be your first post.. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
If the person changes his/her mind then he/she should phone or pm the person who's selling that something came up or change schedule or cancel. By not showing up and not even giving notice to the seller is just rude as it's sucks waiting all day hoping for the person to show up and not show up without even a phone call or a pm.

When I plan to change my mind I actually phone the seller right away so their time won't be wasted as they have something do too. (work, dinner, time with family, important events or something else)

·
Registered
14 Posts
i can agree to that.. but if you are like me, and do not own a cellphone or land line, or even internet at home (i like to live life cheap!) then how are you supposed to let the seller know? .. i think by not showing up is more then enough notice!!

·
Registered
480 Posts
ditto...ditto..ditto..:D:D:D

Without Malice.
I think that when an agreement for a transaction is made, we all understand that circumstances can change. What is important, however, is letting the other party know. You have to also consider how many opportunities for sale have gone by for the seller while the imminent sale is "pending". Members are extending their good nature & hold items in "good faith" & certainly deserve the right to know when the deal is no longer viable ASAP. Not only so as not to disturb their personal life but also so they can remove the pending notice & hopefully not too many folks have already passed by. We all appreciate being treated with respect & ignoring pending deals is just plain disrespectful IMHO. If your the only one who knows that the agreed transaction isn't going to happen, then somethings wrong, half the equation is missing. I'm sure that no one would be very impressed with going to pick up something that another member promised to hold only to find they already sold it when they got there?????
I don't think that it's too much to ask for just some common respect.
Cheers!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
this is a big "what if" situation.. you may think you can afford it, then you can't, and you have no way of getting ahold of the person.. like i said what if.. there's answers to everything.. agree to disagree i guess!!

·
Registered
480 Posts
I had a no show..and a no call..and i changed my work schedule to fit this person's schedule. Very disrespectful and the comment 24 hours later was - oh, my girlfriend didnt want me to buy it.."...and he didnt really care that I left work early. SO, i completely agree..a no show is worth a negative itrader comment.

thanks! seems like this "no show" is being taken way way too seriously.. just my opinion!

·
Registered
925 Posts
i can agree to that.. but if you are like me, and do not own a cellphone or land line, or even internet at home (i like to live life cheap!) then how are you supposed to let the seller know? .. i think by not showing up is more then enough notice!!
:eek: :eek: :eek:
At your soonest opportunity of course & with an apology!!
What part of " you've inconvenienced somebody by your actions" is so hard to understand????
Yikes I'm tellin' ya!!!

·
Registered
8,717 Posts
this is a big "what if" situation.. you may think you can afford it, then you can't, and you have no way of getting ahold of the person.. like i said what if.. there's answers to everything.. agree to disagree i guess!!
Well, I don't think the banks would agree with you. That's why so many people defaulted on their mortgages. They thought they could afford it, but they couldn't. It's only on internet forums where reneging on a deal has no consequences. In all other aspects of life, there are.

1 - 20 of 118 Posts