British Columbia Aquariums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just added a few new tanks to my collection and im trying to think of some different stocking ideas for them.

I think in the 25gal I want to have colour and movement. I'd really like some apistogrammas for sure. I have a big black angelfish in another tank but I think he's already over grown this size tank. Before I go buy another one or 2 are they ok with apistos?

Does anyone have any cool ideas for a colourful, lots of movement kinda tank?

The tank is running a fluval 105 only.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
197 Posts
angels are ok with apistos, but a 25 is a temporary home for them at best, since they will outgrow it in a year. I have always put danios in my tanks for color and movement. Platies are good too with apistos. Cardinal tetra would work too, but they tend to be a bit more shy and bumble around in the plants.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Angelfish and apistogramma's are cichlids , so there will be exchanges ( sometimes not friendly)between the two come breeding time or establishing territories.One will take up the top waters to mid water , while the other likes to stay near the bottom.Apistogramma's also like hiding spots, plants, rock structures, driftwood to list a few to make them feel safe.There are more than a few different species of tetras ( research needed) , pencilfish,danios and livebearers that can add colour and activity to your setup.Just make sure almost everyone is compatible with food/water/space requirements to make them fit in properly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts