British Columbia Aquariums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I'm sure some of you know how my tank got kinda wiped out my DIY Jello CO2! (Note that I'm not saying it's a bad method, just I didn't have luck with the Jello CO2) Anyways, what happen put me in shock and nonstop hours of rescue at home that night, and a few of my colleagues knew how much I care about my tanks! But one amazing thing happened next morning.. When I got to work, one of my colleagues told me to call "kookus", he heard about my tanks and felt bad enough to offer me a few fish! Anyways, after settling the tank down for a month, and getting my anniversary present all setup and cycled, i finally got the chance today to go pick them up!

=) THanks Kookus
They're wonderful.. and I'm pretty sure they're settling in already, as they're already kinda chasing the flagtails around!
Thought I share! =) First time keeping them, dunno how it's gonna be, but all I know is they're mean! LOL! :rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
nice dats....
they get pretty large and aggressive but are a treat to own...

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
=) I heard! But I also heard they're some of the slowest growers! Besides... my tank was only suppose to have flagtails, and I guess they'll be fine in there!

Thanks~

·
Registered
117 Posts
They look nice in that tank of yours. Call if you have any q's. They are pretty awesome fish, they all have their own personalities.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks!
They're actually competing in carnivore pellets already!
LOL! They have started to gang up on a 7-8" senegalus polypterus! LOL! Good try, but they're not scaring anyone in the tank at the moment!
And ofcourse, they have left over bits of carnivore pellets! =)

Very happy, thank you so much! I've been staring at them since they've been home!

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
I LOVE dats - they just have the coolest eyes!!! Their coloring looks perfect in your tank set-up. Good luck with them - they look great. :)

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I LOVE dats - they just have the coolest eyes!!! Their coloring looks perfect in your tank set-up. Good luck with them - they look great. :)
Thanks! Kookus still have a few small ones for sale! These guys are tiny and cute!
Anyways, I saw his true ST today at his place.. giant and amazed! :eek: shocking how nice ST can be!

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Those are Indonesian Tiger Datnoids! All i can say is there's ALOT of attitude with these guys! They get big and aggressive!

I would luv to take some... but I dun think u want me to.. as they will end up as feeders for these guys!
My community tank... can't... as i'm populated with a few loaches in the bottom!
My guppy breeding tank... can't do
My axolotl tank... oh gawd.. i can't imagine
My tiger and phoenix tank... they'll be gone in seconds
My oscar tank... well... you can give me as many as you want.. they'll be gone in the second i throw them in!

=) But thanks nick... but i seriously have no clue how I can house em!

·
Registered
274 Posts
btw, once they get bigger and start killing themselves, i might as well give some to you to feed ur bigger fishs .... (hope my gf doesn't see it.. lol)

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
LOL!
Can't feed my guppies to them! I have a breeding colony going! Finally went up to 50+ guppies! Took me 2-3 months to get this going from 7 Guppies~ LOL!

Gimme any that you dun want, I'm sure they'll have a good snack!

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
They are 1CM long, LOL! Dun think i wanna sell them when they're that tiny yet!

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm not worried about ur crays! LOL! I'm worried about my babies!
The lyretail male died.. some of them are his offsprings.. i dunno which one until they grow up! I dun wanan pay for another lyre tail LOL! Yes, I'm being cheap! HAHA~

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
LOL!
Get some danio or rainbows! They always dwell on the top!

This is the reason why I got a community tank! Fish is up down left right and behind plants! I like it filled everywhere! =) Species tank bore me out over time!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts