British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

new betta from IPU

4K views 21 replies 18 participants last post by  InfraredDream 
#1 ·
I went by IPU last night to check out their new bettas and fell in love with this guy :)

I think he's a mustard gas dragon but im not sure. Pics were taken last light just after I put him in. I'll get some new pics later today since he's more settled now :)

All pics taken with no flash. His blue shows up more in real life.

See less See more
#10 ·
Nice pick up! That is a suuuuper nice looking betta, never seen that coloring before.

You should try to breed it and see what kind of colors you can end up with :D

#11 ·
Thanks everyone :) he's settled in well. he's started on his first bubble nest and flaring like crazy through the divider at his neighbour. He Still won't eat but I think that will change tonight when I defrost some bloodworms.

He wasn;t too expensive. only $20...they've gone down in price which is nice :) IPU has lots of nice halfmoon/superdeltas and tons of crowntails right now.

#12 ·
<shameless plug> hehe, I've got a couple 3g eclipse tanks which are GREAT for bettas if you don't want him in a divided tank </end shameless plug>

lol ;)

#21 ·
he has ick!!! last night he was flashing all around the tank and this morning he has the spots :(

I've kept fish for 4 years and never had ich before :( Right now I've added 1 1/2 tablespoons of salt to his 5.5g and raising the heat to 32C.... I hope he survives :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.