British Columbia Aquariums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
heres some shots of my new gecko I got yesterday. A member from here sold me his set up with the gecko and was nice enough to deliver it to me yesterday :) Thanks Nat!

He's a little cutie and my first reptile.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
That's really nice :). Are those the kinds that camouflages :rolleyes:

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
he's a pretty cool pet to have... Im glad I finally got one :)

I got him to eat some mashed banana off my finger earlier, he loved that.

cute pic from this afternoon.. napping in his plant

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cant be sure with the photos but it looks like a female.
ill get a pic of the underbelly to see if can be sexed.. Nat said it's fairly young... around 8-10 months. I hope it's a female, eventually i'd like to get a bigger set up and get a couple more females.

for anyone whos wondering. they are super easy to care for. no heat lamps or lights. they eat a powder food you mix with water. all you have to do is mist their tank once or twice a day to keep up the humidity.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
awww...very cute. i had a wild pet gekko when i lived in hawaii. he slept on our radio clock alarm, constantly hung out on the plate of the kitchen tap when i did dishes and just general like it wherever it was warmest or where ever he could pop out and scare me!

i was eyeing up that add to . congrats on getting it.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the only issue im having is with my cat :eek: :eek: im hoping his intense interest dies down soon once he relizes he can't get it.

I have this fear that he's going to claw the opening hinge and open it so the gecko will escape :eek: or jump on it and break the screen top

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
the tank is all glass with a screen top

he's very determined to get it...usually at night when the gecko is out making noises... i have it up on a stand so he shouldn't be able to jump on it but you know how cats are. if there determined enough they will find a way

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
hmmmmmmmmmmmm............i have a big acrylic hex tank sitting here doing nothing........

can real rocks be used if they r glued so they don't tumble on them?

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i dont see why not as long as the rocks are treated and secured

the hex should be good cause they like a space that's more higher than it is wide.. they need lots of climbly things since they spend most of their time up high rather than on the ground.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
from what I understand males can't be kept together cause they fight but females can live together (kinda like bettas lol) and you can keep 1 male and some females but they might breed.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts