British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Welcome to BCA. The forum is a great place to obtain information, seek aquarium help and advice; and to sell and buy livestock/equipment/plants. Glad to see more and more people visiting the site and being a part of a great forum community. As with anything new, there's always rules and guidelines. Hope new members would spend a few moments to read over the forum guidelines and rules. Let's continue to respect the forum rules and show forum etiquette.

Sticky threads from within the forum
:

FAQ:

HOW TO's
:

Basics Guides and Introductions to...:

Additional Information:

From forum member, Neven (Source: http://www.bcaquaria.com/forum/aqua-lounge-7/keeping-community-alive-13485/):

I noticed we still have new people registering to this site, which is good, but it seems many of them are just too shy to post. Feel free to post any questions, or resurrect old topics relevant to your question. Open dialogue is what forums are for so don't be ashamed to ask anything, people need to start somewhere.Same goes for the photo gallery / journals. They are for all aspects of fish keeping, whether its planted tanks, discus, rift lake setups, monster tanks, shrimp keeping and even gold fish bowls. If it you like your set up show us, if you hit hurdles or problems feel free to share it, some may be able to help even when you are not soliciting for it. Look as the section as your fish tank blog.There is also the chat room. Lately with a few of the regulars being too busy with real life chat has taken a real nose dive. I know many don't care for it, but its a nice feature to have in a community. I often stop in several times a day to say a quick hi or to see if anyone is on, lately its been a bit slow though.Lastly, for the older members, there will always be user turn over on a forum. People have lives, they lose interest and they gain interest in varying degrees (and different hobbies). To see some old faces absent does not mean its the end of a forum, it means that you need to embrace the new faces and let them become apart of the community. Its how things work.Believe it or not, this forum is actually drama free for the most part. (I've been on game forums and non hobby focused local forums before, i know what drama can happen...) The mods have done an excellent job letting people have their freedom to voice concerns without letting things get too out of control. There's a fine line to balance free speech and keeping the peace in these communities and i find them to be on the right side of the fence for the most part.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Good Afternoon, Just signed up on the site today and want to say thank you and looking forward getting to know some of you, and learning some new tips and tricks.

I have always wanted to have a tank since a young age, and now having one, im woundering why it has taken this long. Being a Fly Fishing guide and fishing for over 20 years fish have always been part of my growing up and now this is just that added extra excitingment I can enjoy at home. So even though cabin fever might set it in the off seasons, the fish in house will offer much more.

Thanks.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts