British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Our new shipment just arrived from Taiwan late last night and we've been hard at work till early this morning! We are pleased that we've suffered no losses after the long 11 hour flight. There's an extraordinary variety of amazing Nishikigoi. The shipment consists of over 6 different types of Koi, from the roundest Tancho to the friendliest Chagoi. They are currently being quarantined and will be available for sale in about 3 weeks time. Meanwhile, take a look at some of the pictures we've taken and be sure to check back for updates in the coming weeks! :D

Cheers,
The Koi Collection

Order of descriptions of the fish are from left to right.

1.) 9 ''Tancho Sanke (Stunning example, show quality fish)
2.) 6.5'' Gin Matsuba (Very Rare, only one in shipment)
3.) 11'' Shusui (Perfect zipper running down the back, beautiful fish)

Attachments

416 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Some more pictures

Again Descriptions are ordered from left of right.

1.) 6'' Tancho Hariwake ( Only one I have ever seen in my life in person!!! Who ever owns this fish will be very very lucky!)
2.) 7'' Ginrin Sanke Butterfly ( One of 3 beautiful butterflies this shipment)
3.) 12" Chagoi ( The friendliest of all Koi species, these guys get huge. Almost all specimens will begin eating from your hand very quickly, just look on youtube)
4.) 8" Tancho Kohaku ( Very popular species, mimics the Japanese flag, about two dozen or so available, some stunning examples)

Attachments

416 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Pictures Part 3

1.) 7'' Tancho Sanke ( This ones got a bit of ginrin or "diamond" scales)
2.) 7.5'' Hi Utsuri ( Jumbo bloodlines, these guys can reach close to 3 feet if given the right space and diet, very robust species)
3.) Two Tanchos, One stunning Ginrin Sanke vs one epic Tancho Showa, which one will you choose?( I cant) :p
4.) 7'' Shiro Utsuri ( Jumobo bloodlines, the cows of the koi world)
5.) 9'' Tancho Kohaku ( Bloodred Hi)

Attachments

416 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Pictures Part 4

1.) 12'' Hi Asagi ( One of my favourite kinds, this one is a show stopper!)
2.) 10'' Tancho Sanke ( Another beautiful example)
3.) 6" Showa ( Stunning fingerling, has alot of potential)
4.) 8'' Kohaku ( One red eye, very even pattern distribution)
5.) 13" Kohaku ( Beautiful female, incredibly graceful swimming patterns)

Attachments

416 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Hey Guys,

Just an update for all you fish geeks. The shipment that arrived on thursday is doing very well, everyone is eating voraciously. Prices for the fish start at $65 dollars and go all the way up to $200. I've uploaded some videos onto youtube of our new shipment as well as the existing stock we have available for purchase. All of you are welcome to view these fish during the quaratine period, once again they will be available to go to their new homes in early May. ( pssstt Hondas3000...you can always set up an indoor:p)

Once again thank you to all of you for checkin us out and I hope you enjoy all the pictures and videos. We will be uploading more in the coming weeks.

The Koi Collection;)

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
You know I already have a 600G in my garage already, so there really no more room. Fish geek like me will do anything for it :). So where in richmond are you? I would like to drop by.

416 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You know I already have a 600G in my garage already, so there really no more room. Fish geek like me will do anything for it :). So where in richmond are you? I would like to drop by.
Haha for sure, I totally know what you mean, I would live in there with them if I could. We would love it if u swung by, we're located in Richmond, i'll Pm u adress and number, Thanks for your interest.

The Koi collection

416 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
more stunning pix to make you drool until the quarantine is over, lots of great response so far thnx guys!!!!!:D

1.jpg 5-6 Inch AA Sanke, even pattern distribution, some real potential here!!
2.jpg 12 Inch A Kohaku, beautiful conformation development on the females, these guys got a huge apettite.
3.jpg 6-8 Inch High A Tancho Kohaku, very nice examples, a crowd favourite.
4.jpg 7-9 Inch High A Tancho Taisho Sanke, beautiful textbook examples, rare find.
5.jpg 6-8 Inch AA Kohaku, absolutely stunning fish, with some flower patterns, Yondan(4 Step) and Sandan(3 Step) as well.

The coloration and patterning of Koi will mesmerize your eyes!
Its ok if you don't have a pond yet, come visit The Koi Collection and you may discover a love for Nishikigoi you never thought you had!
Thanks for looking!

The Koi Collection.

416 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi jling,
Prices from the new shipment will start from $65 to $180. Sizes range from 6 inches to 14 inches. More details on individual fish pricing will be available prior to the release date.

The Koi Collection

·
Registered
310 Posts
yes, they grow to the same size. they are not a different species, but a different color pattern. though certain Koi grow faster/slower and bigger/smaller then others, they all have potential to reach a large size.

·
Registered
160 Posts
i thought they were smaller lol no good for an aquarium then. i heard a rumer koi can live for 200years but at google it will say 20years is average for koi.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts