British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The shrimp arrived in great shape! They are called Red Skunk Shrimp and I have not found any info on them under that name or on various shrimp references. They are similar to Rudolph shrimp in their body shape, but have a bright red stripe running down their back. A really neat shrimp and good size being just over an inch. They are only available in the Burnaby location at present at $9.99 each. I will post a photo once available.

Also Crystal Red Shrimp arrived in Richmond at $7.99 each.
:D

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Thanks for bringing these shrimps in. They are tough to find at LFS!

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for bringing these shrimps in. They are tough to find at LFS!
I can see why. Not the easiest to find and smaller stores would probably not want to devote the tank space to something so small. I really like the new ones as well, different and bigger size.

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Eventually, problem at present is space. I have 7 species of shrimp there right now and they are in my crustacean pod with limited space.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I saw them on Weds and they do look different\unique. They are not quite 2" and the patern is closer to SW cleaner shirmp (Lysmata A) then any of the shrimps I've seen. Can't find it on the internet.

·
Registered
700 Posts
They look like that with more orange/pink/red on their body...A color anchanced Cardina Gracilirostris

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
They are similar to Rudolph shrimp but are different in coloration. I really like these shrimp and appear to be very hardy.:)

·
Registered
592 Posts
Well, if they really are that similar to rudolph shrimp, I don't think they would breed with CRS.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts