British Columbia Aquariums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. Im Mike, Im from abbotsford, i have been in the hobby for a couple years now, I have a 10g containing two goldfish, one is a fantail with a marble sized growth on its tail. I have a 25 gal, that is being changed from a tropical into a cichlid tank, then I also have a 90 gal i got for free, will be a cichlid tank. Then my fiance has 2 tanks aswell, now she is addicted too!

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
Welcome :)

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
welcome...

·
Super Moderator
5,242 Posts
Welcome to BCA, Mike!

We are an amalgamation of many different hobbyists here. There are dwarf shrimp, planted tanks, cichlid, goldfish/koi, pleco, catfish, betta, oddball, community, marine (FOWLR), and reef enthusiasts to name a few.

Enjoy your time here :)!

Stuart

·
Registered
506 Posts
Welcome aboard. Good to see some more from this end of the Valley
Enjoy your stay

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ya, she has become addicted because of me. the other night we were surfing craigslist, and found some guy selling to complete tanks, a 10 and a 15 gal. 100$ including like 8 gallons of gravel and a whole bunch of accesories. so she bought them. lol

·
Registered
496 Posts
Welcome to the tank!

Have you checked your ammonia in the goldfish tank? Most hobbyists recommend an absolute minimum of 20g, preferably 30g for 2 fancy goldfish. They can easily reach 10 inches long adult size! I kept a 2 inch goldfish in a 5 gal for a week and the ammonia was crazy... it might be responsible for the bump on your goldie's tail.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ya, I am not sure, I will be honest, there has been times in the past where I went too long with out changes.... the reaon I kept the goldfish is well, they were healthy..

1 - 20 of 22 Posts