1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
September 14, 2016 - 7 pm

Anthony's (SeaHorse_Fanatic's) house

6745 Lakeview Ave., Unit B, Burnaby

Google map the address if you've never been here, but if you're unclear how to get here for the meeting or need to get a hold of me, feel free to PM me on this site.

See you all here,

Anthony

·
Registered
35 Posts
is there anyone from Vancouver west (Kitsilano) that is attending?

my vacation has been delayed, so I could attend this now if I can find a lift.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I'm going to try to come. Please refrain from strangling the noob lol

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,411 Posts
We had a small group last evening, but what we lacked in quantity, we made up for in quality :D Thank you to Anthony and his darling daughters, Felicia and Isabelle for treating us so well and serving us all of the beautiful fresh fruit from "Anthony's Orchard" :D Mike informed us that we have our dates and venue confirmed for our FALL MONSTER AUCTION.....NOVEMBER 5TH....:bigsmile:

·
Premium Member
1,411 Posts
Ummmm no . I sure wish I was knew how to calk. I've got a case of leaky tank syndrome right now. 2 to be exact.

"Calking" is quite simple....most important thing it to make certain that you clean out ALL of the old silicone and then just spread a new bead of silicone and run your finger along it to even it out...make sure that your finger is moist :)

·
Registered
359 Posts
"Calking" is quite simple....most important thing it to make certain that you clean out ALL of the old silicone and then just spread a new bead of silicone and run your finger along it to even it out...make sure that your finger is moist :)
Thank you. I will try.

·
Registered
359 Posts
If you're worried, use paint tape to help give you clean lines and wear a disposable glove to spread the silicone.
I'm worried about it not holding lol. The corners are very thick so I'm scared of damaging the tank removing the silicone .

·
Premium Member
1,411 Posts
I'm worried about it not holding lol. The corners are very thick so I'm scared of damaging the tank removing the silicone .

Don't worry about "damaging the tank" Janice.........you can't do any damage to the glass with a scraper :eek:....just make sure that you get all of the old silicone out...

·
Registered
359 Posts
Don't worry about "damaging the tank" Janice.........you can't do any damage to the glass with a scraper :eek:....just make sure that you get all of the old silicone out...
You'd be surprised what I can damage lol. I will give it a try after the weekend. Ironically I used to be a firestopper. I seal my own bath tubs etc but there is some scary about sealing something that has to hold water and life in it. 😨

1 - 20 of 24 Posts