British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, the last meeting we just had was an awsome one with Jen the Aquarium's senior tropical fish biologist did an amazing talk of her trip to the Amazon.

The next meeting we'll be having a guest speaker come in to do another interested talk...

VAHC Members:

June Meeting Updates:

The next VAHC club meeting is Wednesday, June 2nd at 7:30pm.

Our speaker will be Baz Edmeades, author of "Megafauna - The Start of the Human-caused Extinction", (http://www.megafauna.com). Baz will give a talk on the genus Opsaridium and other African freshwater fishes with a special magic for aquarium enthusiasts, fly-fishers, and students of evolution. We'll also have our usual Q&A session and a mini-auction of plants & fish.

We meet at 7:15pm - around the side at the Marilyn Blusson Learning
Centre for all meetings. From there we'll go to whichever room we've got for the evening.

Club News:

Our club website has a new URL. The old URL (www.fishopolis.com/vahc) has been replaced by a new shorter one: www.vahc.ca The old one will still work for now but you should change over your shortcuts anyways.

The club is always looking for people to join the steering committee and we have a number of vacancies. Please contact a member of the steering
committee for more information. http://www.vahc.ca/membership_steering.cfm

Ron Guenther
VAHC Webmaster
[email protected]

http://www.vahc.ca
________

·
Registered
7,006 Posts
Just a reminder. It is this wednesday. If you need anything from Patrick and I, let us know. We can bring them there.

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
I will b there and Davefrombc will b attending too

·
Super Moderator
5,277 Posts
I will b there and Davefrombc will b attending too
I can't believe you are going without me :eek:! You'll need a good spanking when you get home wifey... LOL. Have fun :D.

Stuart

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
I can't believe you are going without me :eek:! You'll need a good spanking when you get home wifey... LOL. Have fun :D.

Stuart
U r not coming hun? why comon it wont b the same without u :(

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
no idea what im missing, looked at the site, its hard to see just exactly what it brings
Go tonite and find out :D

·
Banned
409 Posts
Wow...must take a lot to impress you...

1st...It's at the Aquarium....couldn't get a better spot,
2nd...The Aquariums Senior Biologist is a attending Member,
3rd...The meeting starts with a Q & A session...as we all don't know it all,
4th...Lecture by Guest Speaker....very kool...these people share there aquatic adventures from around the world,
5th...Mini Fish and Plant Auction....great plants and hard to find fishies....I landed a beautiful Leopard fish last time and the plants are better that any you will find in the LFS,
6th....access to the two major Auctions in the spring and fall,
7th...Direct Access to many attending BCA Sponsors
8th......Good People,
9th....oh yeah....Claudia & Dave will make the evening worthwhile

·
Registered
126 Posts
i said i was going to be there, i had every intention of being there....but i just got home from work & i accidentally sat down....dont think ill be getting up again any time soon...
:( Is it really frowned upon for showing up late? Id like to still think I could get off my butt in an hour or so which would be about a hour after it started....

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
9th....oh yeah....Claudia & Dave will make the evening worthwhile
Well thank you Kirk lol I always have lots of fun :D I try to b good but is soooo hard :eek:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts