British Columbia Aquariums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this actually started last week, when i decided to turn my 55 into a reef tank and i saw this IMG_0027.jpg . And thought to myself, I do have that bottom panel that survived last months disaster, it measures 48in by 16in, and i could use it as a drilled replacement for the bottom panel. which would make the tank measure 48"x 16" X 20", roughly 66 gallons after i replace the side panels.And install some cross bracing. But first things first that nasty black trim has to come off. IMG_0029.jpg Top piece off IMG_0034.jpg . Both came off in one piece, damaged but in one piece and believe it or don't but the bottom piece was easier to remove than the top

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well not much to tell, nothing done other than livestock planning and aquascape day dreaming. Had some family issues back east. Got hack last night. So. Barring any major catastrophe, i can drill and reassemble this coming weekend. I do however have one question, actually both my father and roommate have a good question. Am i sure that the glass from the 55 will hold up to the pressure of 66 gallons. I said i was certain that with some bracing the glass would withstand the pressure. I also let them know I would ask the experts. So will tempered 6 mm with bracing withstand the pressure of 66 gallons.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts