British Columbia Aquariums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought some killifish, everyone warned me that they are jumpers. I taped up the little hole on the bank of the tank hood so that they wouldn't be able to jump out.

But, guess what? These are the most unathletic fish I have. They have shown no inclination to jump. They don't even startle. You can put your hand in the tank and swish things around and they will just roll around at your fingertips in the waves you make. They don't even rush for food. They stroll.

Do any of you know enough about killifish to know if I can stop worrying that these fish are likely to pole-vault out of their tank? Maybe their tendency to jump varies by species?

Mine are: Aphyosemion Primigenium (88-10). I recommend them if you would like a friendly, sociable, curious fish that doesn't jump!

·
Banned
409 Posts
I thought that too.....then after having them for a year....I switched them to a rimless tank....next morning they where crunchy cat treats.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh, lol, thank you Krkdgxp. I will definitely avoid letting them be crunch cat treats... I have cats that would love that, though.

I'm sorry that this is in the wrong section! Don't know how to move it. Sorry, everyone! My killies aren't for sale...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.