British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
little ones but many of them. i found where they r going in and out of and still have some of the old raid ant drops. they r carrying back to the nest like crazy.how long should it be before i see no more activity...any other suggestions as to how to rid these critters. they r indoor ants carrying into the crack by the back door....which probably means inside the wall as i cant see any on the outside.......

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
FOAM!
There are foam insecticides~
At least thats what I use when I find cracks with insects!

The can comes with a tube, I put the tube in, spray it until i see foam pushing out! I find it most effective, as the foam spreads inside! But that's just me.. i find it most effect with bee and wasp nest!

·
Registered
308 Posts
try putting some cinnamon infront of the cracks where they entering/exiting.

i always get lots of ants at this time of year (ant season?) i put a few of those metal bait things around when i see them but i dont think they do much good. I read that the cinnamon works good.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Ants leave a trail to and from the nest, I believe the substance is related to a hormone. They follow this trail to and from food sources. If you can disrupt this trail IE clean, scrub, or even draw a chalk line across it, It will confuse the ants and prevent the ones that are outside the nest from getting back. It will also force those on the nest side of the disruption to head in a different direction for food.

Steve

·
Registered
700 Posts
Baby powder is what my family been using forever

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
glad to see some non toxic to my cats alternates.i will put some around the outer circle
and the raid inside as the cats r focusing on the ones running along the floor

·
Registered
232 Posts
I used that Raid liquid drops where they take it back to the colony and wipes them out. I used 4 drops along the trail and after 4 days no more ants.

If you were near by I would say to come by and grab it and give it a try.

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
I had them for a while now, started in my room and lots of them. I had some powder poison or something so i used that and i still see one or 2 every now and then, now i have to do something about my car cause they are inside there too ggggrrrrr

·
Registered
4,435 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
haha looks like everyone has ants.. I do too, they come in through a crack on the tile floor in the basement T_T

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Talcum powder works. I heard they don't like crossing white lines or paths in general, but that's probably a old wife's tale.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
well, the raid ant killer seems to have worked overnite. not a sign of them. i think it was a new colony as the ants were all very tiny. so either it did the trick or they moved. either way, no sign of them this am

woohoo

1 - 17 of 17 Posts