very heart wrenching.....

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
No words to describe how this pics make me feel :( :(

·
Registered
46 Posts
This is so depressing. This stupid pipe gushing oil.
Poor things trying to wash off in oil covered water, over and over again. :(
They're not just "sitting on the beach" as it says in the captions, they're screaming, with their wings spread apart "Get this f*cking sh*t OFF of MEEE!!"
What is it...45 days and counting, since this started???

·
Registered
188 Posts
this is a tragedy for mankind....very sad!!!!!! who knows what this is all going to do down the road to the whole world in general.....very crappy.....

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
And to think they want to drill off the coast of BC. Frightening. Personally, if there's a dire need by BC for energy, I can see some merit to exploring the idea, but if its just about profits then forget it. There's better ways to make money.

·
Registered
440 Posts
This is what will wipe out the world. Humans. Not an Iceage, not global warming but plain stupid humans. I am ashamed to be human.

·
Registered
496 Posts
The scariest thing? You are an oil company drilling hundereds, maybe thousands of wells and not once in that time did you organize a BACKUP PLAN in case one of those many wells leaked? Who gave these guys permission to operate without any sort of emergency plans?!

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
The reason why they can get away with how they run things is the fact that they are most likely giving there government officials whackloads of cash. The states are very capitalistic and money speaks volumes down there.

As for drilling off of the coast of BC up by the Charlottes, ya they think it could be one of the largest reserves out there but look at the risk involved in it. Instead of trying to find more oil out there they should be working on ways to make us as a society less dependant on oil. I can't ever see this happening though because the oil company's out there pretty much control the world when you think about it. We as humans have done so much irreversable damage to our planet it's sickening. It's also sickening that we have done more damage in the last 50 years than we have in our whole existence.

·
Super Moderator
5,303 Posts
These pictures are disgusting. I used to live in Lousiana and often went down to the LSU/SLU research station right near Grande Isle in Plaquemine's Parish. The marshland and fishing used to be spectacular for Redfish, Speckled Trout, Brown Shrimp, and Blue Crab to name a few. Bobby Jindal needs to hold BP accountable and make them start paying for remediation. This does not even touch the socio-economic aspect of the worst environmental catastrophe in US (maybe even global) history.

Respectfully,

Stuart

1 - 20 of 33 Posts