British Columbia Aquariums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 5gal has a TopFin10 HOB and I'm afraid the outflow is waaaaaaaaay too powerful for my little betta. I had a whisper in tank in there before but he kept swimming into the filter and sleeping (he may have liked it, I did not). Plus it didn't do squat as a filter (came with the tank).

Anyways, how do I slow down the flow? These filters do not have an adjuster. :( Maybe a piece of sponge just before the outtake?

tysmia!!!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Dean. I'm not sure I want to try the "breaking" technique but I'll buy a sponge when I am out today :) I had a AC before and wasn't a fan. But again, thank you for suggesting!

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
I found a plastic rockwork shelf that I suction cupped under the filter outlet. It diverts the water sideways.

·
Registered
807 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So I just made it, like Ghost said I left mine longer as well so it goes out the sides and down the glass.

WORKS LIKE A CHARM!!!!!!! Plus, it's special... it's from a Cherry Coke bottle ;) lol

·
Registered
807 Posts
LOL!!!
I always use empty water bottles.
:D
Glad it worked out for you.

These "ghetto diffusers" also let you leave the water level lower in case you have any jumpers, or fish who like to attack their reflections in the glass tops.
(Like my RD :rolleyes:)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
or shrimps, that like to climb out. lol I was very worried about my betta, he's only about half an inch big, so it was waaay too much for him :(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts