British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is the smallest in the fry tank. he stays by the upper corner. i noticed he only has one eye. he is obviously scared but as soon as he catches someone getting to close he chases them away unless he thinks they r too big. i hate to see him being scared all the time but is such a little fighter. i have never purposely culled before but i worry the stress he is under can cause ich? opinions?

·
Registered
75 Posts
He'll be fine...your just an over worried mother...he'll mostlikely become the Alfa fish...

If you are truely concerned about desease I'd add 1 table spoon of salt per 10 to 15 gallons of water to the tank (I use instant ocean in all my systems at that amount, never had a sick fish in the last 4 years that I've been dadding salt) keep in mind some fish cannot handle salt even in this small of a quanity...I'm assuming your fry is an Angel and if so I'd love to home your One Eyed Angel when he is large enough...

Dean

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi dean...actually he is a little cichlid....but i have lots of angels that would love to come live with uncle dean. all of a good size for a move.

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
hi dean...actually he is a little cichlid....but i have lots of angels that would love to come live with uncle dean. all of a good size for a move.
Hey how about auntie Claudia, 72g is coming soon lol

·
Registered
925 Posts
Get him an eye patch
The other little buggers are sure not to bug a pirate!!!
Argggggggggg matey!!!!!! :p
Cheers!!

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lol...too funny don!. I have 3 varieties in there...being the smallest i would say a peacock. he is about an inch. if worst came to worst i would set up a nano tank for him. i was just worried he was suffering psycologically......goes back to they r fish.....but i still swear fish have emotions......

1 - 8 of 8 Posts