British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a recommendation for a good one way check valve? I use one similar to the attached link in my return line from sump to tank. Needed in the event the power goes out! Lately I have been noticing that when I do kill the pump power (ie: during water changes) the valve continues to flap open/close repeatedly. Thus over time the sump will flood by the build up of water being let past every time the valve opens momentarily.
Homewerks Worldwide 1-1/2 in. PVC Sch. 40 FPT x FPT IPS In-Line Check Valve-VCKP40B7B - The Home Depot

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
I've had really good luck with stuff from www.flexpvc.com

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, I like the idea of a ball check valve. Without the hinge, it may stop the flapping that is happening with my current type.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Yeah I hear ya. Maybe try Corix locally or a plumbing supply place like Emco. Haven't seen that type of valve myself.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Home depo also sells a spring loaded one. I believe it's on the wall with the sprinkler stuff.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Solved the check valve issue. Ended up getting one on-line. Put it on the line and also kept the old one for added measures. All working now well. Now if the power goes out I won't have to worry of an over-flowing sump!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts