British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone im new to the hobby and was looking at getting some nice nice coral frags zoos and other sps's online, i was wondering if anyone here has experience ordering corals online and if so where should i order from or for that matter avoid, thanks

·
Super Moderator
6,611 Posts
With winter fast approaching, most reefers in Canada stop placing online orders till it warms back up in the spring. A few of us placed an order but its been delayed due to huge winter/actually late autumn storm in the forecast. Bad winter weather can delay shipments at the airport an extra day or two, which will mean a box of dead corals.

If you don't already have one coming, I would wait.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have bought frags online from two vendors and both have been very good quality. There are a couple of good vendors in Canada - coral master and fragbox are two that I have used and get very good reviews also from other reefers.

However, if you are after frags, try looking locally first. There are a few guys in surrey that sell frags of zoas and SPS. Plus there are loads of guy/gals in PoCo, Burnaby, Richmond. Just depends how far afield you feel like venturing.

In a fee weeks I will have some ZOA, play and mushroom frags for sale in Surrey if you would be interested.

Hope this helps,
Dunc

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
480 Posts
I know this post is old but I'll share for other members. If you buy online make sure you ask if they are healed and starting to encrust the plug if its fresh cut 9 times out of 10 it wont survive the trip. I've used fragalot...an absolute joke allways a gamble with him often he substitutes for ugly coral you never ordered. I used fragbox with great reviews but the sps came fresh cut and wasnt even mounted to anything died in the bag March will replace them but it shouldnt have happened in the first place,that being said his softies are beautiful and survived no problem. Coralmaster has nice pieces but their prices are easilly double/triple what they should be,Canada corals I havent tried yet because they wanted 60$ to ship on top of their higher prices.

No matter where you go expect to pay 45$+ just for shipping add that with the gamble of not knowing what your going to get or if it will make it. Allways better to buy local even if the price per frag is more it works out to be cheaper in the long run and the frags will be far less tramatized by the time you get home.....I know the lfs's around here either have no stock,dying stock or insane prices. Post an add here titled LF so and so by far the best way to go.
P.S fragbox ships through the winter,they all use heat packs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts