British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here's something I've been keeping a cap on for quite some time =) Only a few people actually have seen my collections =D Here's a glimpse of some of my treasures. It is true that some of these like the harlequins have different water params than cardinals. However, I've spent a years time to slowly adapt them to cardinal water params these are all F22,23,and 24 except for my blue slender which is still quite delicate. Only F6 generation. Pictures are taken by the awesome Tn23 =)

Cardinal

YOUTUBE:

Harlequin

YOUTUBE:

Harlequin Group

YOUTUBE:

Slender

YOUTUBE:

Yellow Cheek

YOUTUBE:

Yellow Nose

YOUTUBE:

I've also got Camo Red, and zebra stripe but not enough box room to bring it over to my show tank from my shrimp collection room in Squamish =)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Wow! What a beautiful collection of shrimp. If you sell some in the future, please let me know. My favourite is the harlequin. I love the markings. Great job keeping them. They look happy and healthy.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow! What a beautiful collection of shrimp. If you sell some in the future, please let me know. My favourite is the harlequin. I love the markings. Great job keeping them. They look happy and healthy.
Thankyou, The harlequin I've dropped their TDS by 50 with every generation and increased GH and KH by 1-4 in each generation and it resulted in one hardy lil harlequin =P However, I am not sure about temperature hardiness. Only my cardinals I know are temperature hardy =)

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Excellent, just excellent Frank! Beautiful shrimp for sure. Its fantastic that you are adapting them to easier water conditions. Where did you originally get all the shrimp from?
HK, me and my friend there started the same time keeping sulawesi. But he had more success than me because its ground water in HK. I had a batch of only cardinals where I had gotten F12 myself. But, these F22,23,24 are originally got from my friend and I took it to the next level by slowly adapting it to other water params.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Wow they are beautiful! If you ever start to sell........

·
Registered
330 Posts
Wow... very stunning Frank!! :eek: I've never seen those shrimps before other than the Cardinals. I'm sure it would be mind blowing to see them in person. Good job and thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Wow Frank, awesome looking shrimp. I've never seen some of those sulawesi of yours before. Thanks for sharing. Also, let me get in line now if you ever decide to sell some of those hardy shrimp of yours...

·
Registered
496 Posts
I must say.... these shrimp are truly amazing to see in person :eek:
Glad I had to chance to photograph these little guys!
Frank don't forget I want to buy some of these when they are ready :D

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wow they are beautiful! If you ever start to sell........
I'll let you know =) I've been asked that alot lol, just gotta make sure my main batch has some berried first.

Wow... very stunning Frank!! :eek: I've never seen those shrimps before other than the Cardinals. I'm sure it would be mind blowing to see them in person. Good job and thanks for sharing.
They are stunning =) That's why so much time was dedicated into setting up an ambitious 90 gallon tank for it =)

Very nice looking shrimp.
Thanks Gary! =)

Wow Frank, awesome looking shrimp. I've never seen some of those sulawesi of yours before. Thanks for sharing. Also, let me get in line now if you ever decide to sell some of those hardy shrimp of yours...
Thanks, will do =)

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
WOWW!! Stunning!!!!
Thankyou =)

I must say.... these shrimp are truly amazing to see in person :eek:
Glad I had to chance to photograph these little guys!
Frank don't forget I want to buy some of these when they are ready :D
haha thanks for taking the amazing pics dude =) but my vids =P

BEAUTIFUL!! Frank, you're the king of Sulawesi shrimps!
awww king of sulawesi nahhh, just knowledgeable would be good =)

Extraordinary photos of beautiful shrimp.
Props to Tn23 =)

·
Registered
496 Posts
I think Frank should have an open house day and invite everyone over to see these beautiful shrimp in person :D

1 - 20 of 35 Posts