British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I woke up to my plecos having an Oto on each of their heads. The plecos now have a spot on the top of their heads. I've been watching them today and it seems as soon as the plecos go on to the driftwood that's when the the Otos go them. Are they being territorial?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
519 Posts
I woke up to my plecos having an Oto on each of their heads. The plecos now have a spot on the top of their heads. I've been watching them today and it seems as soon as the plecos go on to the driftwood that's when the the Otos go them. Are they being territorial?

Doubt it Otos aren't territorial they are probably just being good friends and helping clean where they can't reach :p

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They clean heads? Lol! They are cute and are very busy little guys. It's just odd that when the plecos go on the driftwood the Otos immediately go and lay on top of them and latch to their heads. I will try and take a pic tomorrow of them doing it. 😂

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
I find that with otos you have to make sure they have plenty of algae to eat. I've often had mine die off on me after they have polished off all the algae that's in the tank. I don't see mine too interested in other food.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They stopped the next morning so I couldn't take a pic. The white spot they put on the plecos are gone now. I added cucumber to the tank (didn't have zucchini at the time) and they are happily munching away. Thank you for the advice. ☺

1 - 6 of 6 Posts