British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is with great sadness that I am posting this on here and I don't often post much but did want to share this.

Last nite we had to put kimo down, it all happened so fast maybe within an hour, he was acting strange, and was outside trying to vomit over and over, with nothing coming up. This went on for about half an hour, finally hubby and I went over to him again and felt his body, his whol left side was swollen. Called the emergency vet and headed over to Langley. They immediately took xrays and it turned out that he had a twisted bowel/intestine/stomach. We opted for putting him down b/c of all the complications that could arise from the surgery and his age. It was the HARDEST decision we all had to make. They made him comfortable for us until my last son could be there, and he went peacefully with all of us by his side.

He was 9 1/2 years old, and a cross of great dane/rottie/lab. He was our baby and protected us to know end. He is so sadly missed by all of us and we will love him forever.

Please forgive me for typo's its hard to see through the tears.

In January he had to have his tail partially amputated and at that time we didn't think he would make it b/c the tail wouldn't heal, but he fought back for us and did. The hair had finally grown in.

RIP my baby - mommy will always love you.

Here is a couple of shots of him.

On our bed - his favourite spot

To get our attention or if he was mad at us this is what he would do

A close up of his head

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear that!
But i'm sure he's not suffering nemore, he's in a better place now!
Keep in mind, you made the best decision you could of! =) And i'm sure he knows it!

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Very sorry for your loss. This is rough. He was a beautiful dog, and obviously much loved. RIP Kimo.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Rest in peace sweet Kimo...

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

·
Registered
700 Posts
Sorry for your loss...thats horrible :(

He will be in pet heaven.

·
Super Moderator
5,275 Posts
Hello Kim.

Sorry to hear your furry friend is no longer with you. As you know I had to put down my cat earlier this year. You and yours will be in my prayers tonight.

Loss is often a time for reinvention or a brighter horizon.

Warm regards,

Stuart

·
Registered
530 Posts
Hi Kim,

I feel for you and your family as life separation is a real tough one !!!!

My prayer is with you & your family. Time & GOD will heal !!!!!!

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
So sorry Kim :( loosing your pet is really hard, i am sure u still in shock sounds like everything happen soo fast. RIP Kimo

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Kim i'm very sorry for your loss.
may Kimo rest in peace.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts