British Columbia Aquariums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have always wanted Panda Uaru and finally thanks to Charles at Canadian Aquatics I have them. I picked up 10 of them along with 2 Blue Panaque. 2 Royal and 4 Vampire Plecos.

I will update this thread from time to time with how they are doing.

They are in a 75G for now but will eventually go into the 210G as the centre piece.

Here are some early pics.

Panda Uaru.jpg

Blue Panaque.jpg

Royal Panaque.jpg

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
I have always wanted Panda Uaru and finally thanks to Charles at Canadian Aquatics I have them. I picked up 10 of them along with 2 Blue Panaque. 2 Royal and 4 Vampire Plecos.

I will update this thread from time to time with how they are doing.

They are in a 75G for now but will eventually go into the 210G as the centre piece.

Here are some early pics.

View attachment 168242

View attachment 168250

View attachment 168258
They are very cool fish. I got some from Charles years ago and they grew huge. Lived very peacefully with discus

·
Registered
721 Posts
Very envious - have always wanted these!!! Good luck with keeping them. Keep the thread updated - I would be interested to see how they eventually do in the 210

·
Registered
721 Posts
How is it going with the Uaru?

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry for the late reply but I was moving fish around so i thought I would wit until I was done.

The Uaru's are now in a 210G with 11 Geo Winemilleri's, 15 Clown Loaches and 9 Denisoni's.

They range from 4-5" and are starting to show their adult colouring.

Here is a quick vid....

·
Registered
513 Posts
nice. I guess the Geos help with the gravel! Hopefully you get some uaru spawns eventually - put me on the list for fry!

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Panda Uarus Updated Aug 11 2018

Just a 3 month update....The tank was too full so the Clown Loaches, and the Geos were moved out. I added some bristlenose plecos and 6 Petricolas.
Here is a new vid....you can see the colours on some changing to white.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Looking great ... what air stones do you use? That’s pretty impressive air / surface agitation.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looking great ... what air stones do you use? That's pretty impressive air / surface agitation.
I use 2 4 inch disks connected to a huge air pump that runs all my tanks. The best part of these disks is that they have brass 90 degree connectors which make it super easy for airline connection.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts