British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a 27g tank that is lightly planted and somewhat new. We went to Rogers aquatics yesterday and my daughter picked out 3 paradise fish. The girl there said they were friendly fish and ok in a community tank.

They seem to be picking on the other fish a bit and after reading it sounds like they may not be the most suitable.
We have :

2 dwarf gourami
2 otos
1 small loach
2 guppys
1 pleco

I'm concerned they are going to be to aggresive after reading about them but not sure what I can do with them now that they are in there?

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Paradise are very aggressive fish. They will kill most of the fish in the tank, then possibly each other. Catch them up and, if the LFS really told you they were okay, get your money back.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Really? I didn't know they were that bad!

Yes she definetly told me. I had a tank years ago but am new to the community tank thing so we had talked about what I had. I will try calling them and see what they say.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Had a couple of them years ago, probably the most miserable fish ever. Nice looking but super aggressive, they killed everything in the tank and then turned on each other.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I never found them to be any more aggressive than other gouramis... how weird! Good to know. Sorry to hear about your fish :(

·
Registered
7,006 Posts
They have the same aggressiveness like your gouramis. Given a bigger tank size, they behave better. But normally in a smaller tank (any tank under 36" in length), the male will show some aggressive behavior.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts