British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our Peru shipment arrived in great condition yesterday! Below are some of what arrived.

Plecostomus
Adonis Pleco
Yellow Spot Bristlenose Pleco
L34 Bristlenose Pleco
Yellow Pleco
Tiger Pleco
Galaxy Pleco

Hatchetfish
Pink Tail Chalceus
Colomesus Puffer

Corycats
Agassizii
Arcuatus
Elegans
Fowleri
Julii
Punctatus
Hastatus
Nanay
Reticulatus

Red Wolf fish
Buffalo Knife fish
Red Shoulder Severum
Loreto Tetra
Red Line Tetra Beautiful
Needlefish
Motoro Rays various sizes
Blue Motoro Rays
Ripsaw Catfish
Wild Neon Tetra
Green Discus from the Nanay River

Enjoy!

Most fish are available at both locations!

·
Registered
623 Posts
would like the prices of
Agassizii
Arcuatus
Elegans
Fowleri
Julii
Punctatus
Hastatus
Nanay
Reticulatus

Looking for 5 or 6 or can mix up the species.

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For pricing it is always best to check with the stores directly as there is a lot of fish that arrived and I dont have the info in front of me. Also stock may always vary from location to location.

The Corycats range from as low a 1.99 for the Hastatus to 29.99 for the Fowleri. Tiger Plecos are 34.99.

·
Registered
623 Posts
For pricing it is always best to check with the stores directly as there is a lot of fish that arrived and I dont have the info in front of me. Also stock may always vary from location to location.

The Corycats range from as low a 1.99 for the Hastatus to 29.99 for the Fowleri. Tiger Plecos are 34.99.
I'm in Burnaby, so probably the Burnaby store and I'm looking for 5-6 Corys for around 20-25$ Total, so which ones would you reccomend?

·
Registered
41 Posts
pics of red line tetra?
I went in to Burnaby store on Saturday to see these; I believe they are the same as the group of "red line tetra" I acquired the last time Grant had them, late 2008 I think it was, maybe early 2009. Anyway, after a lot of searching back then I found a couple photos (attached below) which identified them as a yet-undescribed species of Hyphessobrycon.

In a personal communication, Heiko Bleher told me he thought the fish was Hemigrammus coeruleus. Mine (which I still have) have not coloured up similarly to photos I can find of this species, and mine still look like the fish in the attached photos.

It is a very quiet fish, and likes to stand in a gentle current from the filter.

Byron.

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
similar to Hyphessobryon amapaensis. I kept and spawned this fish before when I imported them from Below Water. They breed like glowlight tetras, as in they are pretty spawnable, and babies can take bbs right away. Beautiful fish, wish I still had some tanks...

·
Registered
41 Posts
which store are the Corydoras Hastatus at? I'll see if I can wonder into Richmond later today.
They are not Corydoras hastatus, they are Corydoras pygmaeus--at least the ones in Burnaby are.

I can't remember how many times, in different stores too, I have seen C. pygmaeus labelled hastatus. No one has had the true C. hastatus for years. I tried without success to get them back in the 1990's.

For the record, here are photos of C. pygmeus first, C. hastatus second. And just to compare, third is C. habrosus, another dwarf sometimes seen (with a C. pygmaeus also in the picture).

Byron.

Attachments

·
Registered
614 Posts
They are not Corydoras hastatus, they are Corydoras pygmaeus--at least the ones in Burnaby are.

I can't remember how many times, in different stores too, I have seen C. pygmaeus labelled hastatus. No one has had the true C. hastatus for years. I tried without success to get them back in the 1990's.

For the record, here are photos of C. pygmeus first, C. hastatus second. And just to compare, third is C. habrosus, another dwarf sometimes seen (with a C. pygmaeus also in the picture).

Byron.
Byron,

Thank you for the info, I have never seen a C.Hastatus in the stores They are getting mislabeled somewhere in the supply chain. Grant isn't the only victim. I've seen it a lot this year. Regardless of the label they tend to be either C.Pygmaeus or C. Hasbros

Steve

1 - 20 of 22 Posts