British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I think this will be a helpful subject in everyway for aquarists. Can everyone tell me your tap water pH and your city location?

·
Registered
880 Posts
Can someone give an update about Burnaby's tap water PH at the moment ?
I just log a strange value 5.5 ?! My PH test kit out of work ?

·
Super Moderator
6,764 Posts
my guess is post#2 answers what the OP's probably is or atleast was at the time of posting. Not too mention this thread is from 2010 and the OP hasn't been active here for a few months lol

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Abbotsford. 6.8 to 7.0 last time i checked.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
my guess is post#2 answers what the OP's probably is or atleast was at the time of posting. Not too mention this thread is from 2010 and the OP hasn't been active here for a few months lol
Lol. funny how that works sometimes.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
The Abbotsford water reports give three months of weekly pH readings in various parts of the city. There's quite a wide range in my area, but the average is roughly 6.8.
Ya it's weird how that works, i know some people on the other side of abbotsford are closer to 6.0

·
Registered
749 Posts
Which side is that, and are you sure it's city or well water? I get 6.6-6.8 from the tap in east Abbotsford but I've run tanks in west Abbotsford on well water more acidic than my own tap water.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Which side is that, and are you sure it's city or well water? I get 6.6-6.8 from the tap in east Abbotsford but I've run tanks in west Abbotsford on well water more acidic than my own tap water.
over by McCallum bye the freeway i believe she said 6.2 to 6.4

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Completely off topic, I've never owned a test kit (never had a problem) I do 30-50% water change daily, I did one this morning and it had no affect on the fish. Did a 50% after seeing this post, and now both my Wild angel pairs tube dropped and my unknown geos have theirs hanging too.

Edit: Forgot to mention I live 5 minutes away from Fishdragon (Eric) so his ph reading might correct.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts