·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm going to guess the lights are about 6" above the aquarium, my office aquarium is a 20 gallon and the lights are about 8 inches and I have stems and flowers above the aquarium.

Here's the full aquarium shot and you can see the distance between the water surface and the lights, just my guess, if it gets too close it will shrivel up also :)
120 gallon jan 2015 by RW-Photography, on Flickr

·
Registered
359 Posts
rwong2k10,
When is the seminar? That's super tight ludwigia. Again, just because it was only said a few times....How do you get it soooooo awesome red? You must sing to it at night.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Heh

There might be too much light, I've noticed some plants aren't doing too well or crawl then I take them out :)

I think I have too many red plants in this aquarium, at least my wife says so

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
356 Posts
I think I have too many red plants in this aquarium, at least my wife says so
No such thing as too many red plants, unless all your fish are red too.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No such thing as too many red plants, unless all your fish are red too.
the funny thing is, in my aquarium i have a brownish carpeting plant called hygrophila araguaia, that if I replaced my glosso, would make this tank even more red :)

more photos coming up soon, my ludwigia pink ovalis is growing well but super slow and my ludwigia var. inclinada cuba has adapted to my aquarium and is growing well.

On the other hand, my blyxa japonica doesn't do well in this aquarium, I've always had success with this plant in other aquariums, so it might be too much light, in a lower lit tank of mine, it's growing quite well

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Would definitely love to see a good araguaia carpet!

Reactions: rwong2k10
1 - 16 of 16 Posts