British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who wants to win some plants! For the month of July and August, I'd like to see a bunch of really neat planted tanks! If you've got some fantastic pictures of your tanks, please post them up in this thread. Everyone benefits from seeing the aquascape you've spent months growing and caring for and battling terrible algae!

The winner (as chosen by a panel of aquaflora personel), will get a $50 prize of plants of their choice. We'll also choose 2 honourary mentions for $35 prizes.

Please post to this thread. Please use pictures you have taken, of your own tank or with the tank owner's permission (nothing grabbed from the internet). I may post my favourite pictures on my website (with full credits to the tank owner and photographer, of course), and so if you don't want your picture to possibly appear on my site, don't submit it!

If viewers want to vote for photos that appear, post comments or PM me, I'll take public opinion into account as well.

Good luck everyone!

Tim

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
This should be fun. I need to get some good shots now. looking forward to seeing everyone's tanks as well.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think one entry per Tank is a good, if there are people with multiple tank syndrome out there, why not give them a chance to show everyone their ailment ;P.

If you'd like to post more than one picture of a tank, just tell us all which one you want to be entered in the official part of the contest.

Tim

·
Registered
505 Posts
This is a great idea. I've seen some very nice aquascapes from bca members. Hopefully I can put a tank together in the next two months that can compete. It's always fun looking at other's creations. Looking forward to seeing some beautiful aquascapes.

·
Dark Lord Owner
2,235 Posts
I'm no photographer so these wont be the best, but still some of my fav from my collection. these done on a 60$ cameras from walmart lol.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Great Tanks Nicklfire, thanks for getting things rolling!

Sharkbait - I'm not going to say one is better than another, but in my personal opinion I think that a nice aquascape should have most if not all the tank in view. I am planning on this contest to be more of an aquascape photo contest, not a species one, but hey, if you post up an utterly amazing close up of a plant, who's to say? This is a community contest, so I'm not posting up lists of rules. I just want them to be original and not pulled off the internet.

Tim

·
Registered
348 Posts
Not the best as I'm noobish to Plants and my fish keep ripping them up but here it is.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nice tanks everyone!

I have no way of knowing if a tank is still set up or not, and I think everyone benefits from seeing great looking tanks, even if they have been changed since. So previously set up tanks are just fine.

hgi - that's a great start, and you have several more weeks to let the plants grow in more. If you'd like, you can post a couple more pictures of the tank if it changes significantly! Just let us all know which one you want us to consider at the end of the contest :).

Tim

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Bigfry -

Great tank! I love growing plants, but I think virtually all other hobbyists are better at arranging them in aquariums than I am! Too much science, not enough art!

Tim

·
Registered
348 Posts
^^

Would love to, but that photo was a few month ago, and I lost my camera's charger, and the gf lost her whole camera :(

We just moved into a new house a week ago, and during the move I had to tare down the whole tank, move my p's into a bare 90g for 5 days till I was able to get their big tank to the new place. The plants were in a bucket for those 5 days and at least 85% of them ended up dead, so all I got now is a bunch of stubs of part of the plants that survived. It's back to square one, growing and propagating loller, dam it!

1 - 20 of 57 Posts